force close across multiple apps

rayr0d

Reaction score
Yes, I did. When that didn't work I tried holding it for a few seconds. Absolutely no response either last night when I first tried or again tonight :-(

Clearing the cache in general is a way to resolve your issue.

Just curious,

1. Did you just try to delete Handcent and then re-install? I have had customers that would use Handcent as their main text/sms tool but still had their main box accept texts/sms with the standard application that comes installed, therefor duplicating messages.

2. Have you updated to Gingerbread 2.3?

3. Is handcent backed up to your microcard?

I recall the Droid X having similar issues where it would all of the sudden not cooperate and text properly. Predictive texting was turned off as a temp fix until a patch to fix came out....

if all else fails - back up all your important stuff and factory restore the Droid 2 -

Good luck!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes, I did. When that didn't work I tried holding it for a few seconds. Absolutely no response either last night when I first tried or again tonight :-(
I'm not familiar with the D2G...those steps should've worked. Let me try to see if anyone else on the RS is more familiar with it and I'll have them check it out.