"Low on space"...Is this a bug ?

Mongoose

Reaction score
My phone states that I am "low on space". When I check my phone stats(Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage), I see the following:
SD Card- Total Space: 1.84 GB Available: 1.81GB
Internal Phone Storage - Total Space: 6.60GB Available: 6.41GB
Phone Memory - Total Space: 748MB Available: 677MB

Now, why is the silly thing telling me I am "Low on space" yet simultaneously telling me I have huge amounts of space left. I have gone thru and cleared a few caches and even deleted a few apps. I did the "search" thru the forum and tried some of the suggestions but nothing seems to work. I dont want to reset the phone because I have some purchased apps on it (SlideIT). I have 37 Camera shots/46 "all photos"/9 PicSay shots.

Anyone with a logical explanation and a solution, please respond. Thanks (puzzled and frustrated). :icon_ devil:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
@tofasttafuri...Thank You, however, what I reported is EXACTLY what the phone is telling me. I dont see your response in the forum...just on the phone.

iloseguitarpicks

Reaction score
Funny thing, this happened to me too...right after I installed google earth. Couldnt figure out why that happened, because my phone had plenty of space. I took ge off, and that was the end of it. Really strange

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Removing Google Earth solved my problem with "Low On Space" message as well on my Droid 1. Even with Froyo you can only move 1/4 of it over to the sd card.

bjbear5103

Reaction score
i just changed some settings in twitter and it went away. must be a bug. irritating little critter, i must say!

H-T-C

Reaction score
Happened to me 2 weeks ago. I tried uninstalling/ reinstalling a bunch of apps (not running GE). It was not until I deleted my e-mail account and reinstalled that the warning went away. No problems since that episode- fingers crossed.