Lovin' my Razr MAXX

dedduck0121

Reaction score
Just thought I would stop in and tell everyone about my experiences with the phone so far. I know people probably are tired of hearing about the battery life but tough, if you read more you will hear about it again! ;)

I made the move from my MIUI Droid X to the Razr MAXX and let me tell you, it was well worth it. The Razr is unrooted at the moment b.c i am waiting for ICS to be pushed. The phone is amazing. The 1.2 ghz processor is super fast and smooth and I am connected to 4g LTE all day everyday. The huge battery on this thing makes the phone a little thicker but in the best way. The back is flat and does not have that hump for the camera like the normal razr does which gives it a much better fit in my big ol hands.

The battery is what I have been waiting for on an Android phone. My first test was to use it like I normally do everyday. I was browsing (4g is amazing btw...did I mention this before?), downloading and uploading videos/music/apps, texting, emailing, and calling all day yesterday. I woke up this morning to 10% of my battery remaining after 27 hours and 34 mins of run time. I truly think that if I let the thing run until it died i would have broken the 30 hour mark with ease. I had to put it on the charger in the office this morning since I will be away from my desk this afternoon and need my phone.

The upgrade to the Maxx is well worth every single penny of the $300 you pay IMO.

Couple of downfalls to the Razr Maxx IMO. The battery gets a bit warm if you are downloading/uploading like crazy, speaker phone BLOWS, the sides of the phone are slick and slides out of your hands until you break the phone it, and that it doesnt have ICS yet and GB is SOOOO out of style with me coming from MIUI and a rooted phone. Other than that, the phone is golden.

Speed test on my 4g LTE connection - Download: 20861 kbps, Upload: 12564 kbps :)

Bob

morcguy

Reaction score
Loving mine too. I agree on the slippery comment. I hate cases but might need one for this phone since there is not much grip on the sides.

Display is a huge improvement from the DX.

OP
D

dedduck0121

Reaction score
The display is beautiful for sure. MUCH better then DX. I ordered a case for it for no other reason than to avoid it slipping. I have dropped it twice so far because of it, thank god for the updated protection Moto has put on it!

cece5702

Reaction score
The display is beautiful for sure. MUCH better then DX. I ordered a case for it for no other reason than to avoid it slipping. I have dropped it twice so far because of it, thank god for the updated protection Moto has put on it!

What case did you order? If u don't mind me asking. Mine is being delivered Monday and I'm getting my accessories in order :)

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
D

dedduck0121

Reaction score
I ordered both otterboxes that are out for it, the Commuter and Defender. I do a lot of fishing and hunting and need the Defender for protecting it from the elements and the commuter case will be my day to day case as long as it isnt super huge and bulky.

If the commuter is too bulky i will probably just pick up a simple silicon case until i find the right case for the phone.

OP
D

dedduck0121

Reaction score
Let me tell you, I am charging my phone up for the first time (from 10%) and man o man it is taking a while fill that big ol battery. Going on 4 hours of charge time to fully fill it up! But in the long run, charging for 4 hours and running the phone for almost 30 with normal use is pretty good in my book

benz0

Reaction score
Love mine too!! Just. Picked my up yesterday, had the regular Razr. Well worth the cash!!

droidD90

Reaction score
So far I am loving this maxx, came from a thunderbolt man what an improvement!

sent from my Razr MAXX!

cece5702

Reaction score
Went to Verizon to play around with the MAXX. It's nice and it's big. Can't wait for my delivery on Monday. No Otterbox cases so I got the shell case / holster one. Hope it works ok.

Sent from my DROIDX

benz0

Reaction score
That's the 1 I got also, it's okay for now, it does not protect top or bottom, but gives it a slim look, compare to the otterbox...

OP
D

dedduck0121

Reaction score
This 4G is fast here at work

Speed Test 4g - 2-3-12.png

cece5702

Reaction score
That's the 1 I got also, it's okay for now, it does not protect top or bottom, but gives it a slim look, compare to the otterbox...

Oh I didn't know that it doesn't protect top or bottom. Didn't notice that. Well I'll keep mine in my purse so it should be OK I hope.

Sent from my DROIDX

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The Verizon "basket weave" case is brilliant it improves the feel of the Maxx in your hand.
It has rounded corners and allows the back to really fill your hand.
Plus the kick stand and belt clip is sweet.

PS the Maxx nude is also very good, my brother the iPhone fan, eye's popped when he held it this morning!

OP
D

dedduck0121

Reaction score
I didnt even know they had that case out for the MAXX. I had it on my DX and loved it. I am ordering one now haha;)

dsg29

Reaction score
I agree with pretty much everything listed. For me, this is an upgrade after two years from the original Moto Droid. My only issue so far relates to the setup for Corporate Sync (Outlook) email...trying desperately to get rid of my work-issued Blackberry, but other than that this thing is a serious beast. Still exploring exactly how long this battery lasts and under what conditions.