Lost my LTE radio with the 901 update....

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Okay here's the problem as I see it. I have lost my ability to connect to 4G service. I'm located in West Lafayette, IN, which is a very good with the 4G service. I love my droid bionic. I have been to hell and back with this phone, through all the leaked versions, and getting back on the OTA, yet I still have problems. I noticed that I couldn't get 4G, which I initially thought it was just the data drop complaints everyone is talking about, but I can get 3G no problem. I go to compare my info with some others that have the 901 update and i noticed the difference in the Baseband version.
What I have:
System version: 5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Model Number: DROID BIONIC
Android Verision: 2.3.4
Baseband version: CDMA_N_04.06.00R
Webtop Version: WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-24
Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g83f1a47vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1
Build number: 5.51_84_DBN-70
ERI version: 5
PRL version: 1

What I believe I should have:Baseband version: CDMA_N_04.06.00R LTEDC_U_07.1E.00

I saw on another site to dial *#*#4636#*#* and I went into phone information and scrolled down to see if I could change the preferred network type, and LTE is not even option. :/
My phone does recieve data though (3G), and it working well minus the 4G, but obviously I'd love to have the 4G seeing as that's what I bought it for. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Okay here's the problem as I see it. I have lost my ability to connect to 4G service. I'm located in West Lafayette, IN, which is a very good with the 4G service. I love my droid bionic. I have been to hell and back with this phone, through all the leaked versions, and getting back on the OTA, yet I still have problems. I noticed that I couldn't get 4G, which I initially thought it was just the data drop complaints everyone is talking about, but I can get 3G no problem. I go to compare my info with some others that have the 901 update and i noticed the difference in the Baseband version.
What I have:
System version: 5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Model Number: DROID BIONIC
Android Verision: 2.3.4
Webtop Version: WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-24
Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g83f1a47vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1
Build number: 5.51_84_DBN-70
ERI version: 5
PRL version: 1

What I believe I should have:Baseband version: CDMA_N_04.06.00R LTEDC_U_07.1E.00

I saw on another site to dial *#*#4636#*#* and I went into phone information and scrolled down to see if I could change the preferred network type, and LTE is not even option. :/
My phone does recieve data though (3G), and it working well minus the 4G, but obviously I'd love to have the 4G seeing as that's what I bought it for. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

I can confirm your baseband version ("what you believe you should have") is what I have on my OTA .901 Bionic.

Have you considered doing a hard-reset of your phone?

OP
broxstodavis

broxstodavis

Reaction score
If by hard reset, you mean factory reset, then yes.

B

bens42608

I don't mean to post in the wrong thread, but im on 5.9.901 stock so can I root? Do I need to roll back to an earlier version or something

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tonik

Reaction score
......and getting back on the OTA....

Something went wrong in your process. You are not on the same baseband as I am. My phone is pretty clean. Factory to 893 via OTA. Then a straight forward manual update to 901. I have the baseband you mention that you expected to have. I think you are looking at redoing the get back on the path process again. That is my only thought.

OP
broxstodavis

broxstodavis

Reaction score
so are you saying I need to get back to 893 and try again? where did you get your 901 update?

bhp117

Reaction score
so are you saying I need to get back to 893 and try again? where did you get your 901 update?

Are you still stock on 901?
Are you still rooted?

If so you can try to flash the update901.zip again from stock recovery so you don't have to redo the whole process again

If you're not rooted on 901 you can start over. Once you're back to 886, root and forever root before you flash update893 so you can keep root and even when you flash 901 you should still have root as long as you forever root when you're on 886

OP
broxstodavis

broxstodavis

Reaction score
yup, stock, rooted on 901. 2 questions, how do you get to STOCK recovery and where did you download your update from?

striker85

Reaction score
1-click path saver...does it all!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bhp117

Reaction score
yup, stock, rooted on 901. 2 questions, how do you get to STOCK recovery and where did you download your update from?

You can do it either way if the phome is on or off

Hold down power+volume up+volume down till the phone boot or reboot into a semi safe mode

OP
broxstodavis

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Okay, i did it. reflashed and still got the same thing. No LTE radio. where are you downloading the 901? just from the droidlife post about "mysterious update"?

OP
broxstodavis

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Can someone who has the 901 update do something for me. Dial *#*#4636#*#*, click phone information, scroll down and see what they're "Set preferred network type:" is. I don't have an option for LTE, and I'm just wondering if others do.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone who has the 901 update do something for me. Dial *#*#4636#*#*, click phone information, scroll down and see what they're "Set preferred network type:" is. I don't have an option for LTE, and I'm just wondering if others do.

A little late, but this is what it shows with .901.

View attachment 46743