Looks like 2.1 Update will be a while.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the Droid and to the Forum, but....

Coming from a :blackberry:, I can say that the :motdroidvert: is an almost flawless phone. I left my Storm, after their latest update. That OS seemed like a rushed, uncalculated system, that left many features hanging in the breeze, right off the bat. I attempted to use many different leaked versions, but all had glitches. After waiting for an additional update to fix the Frankenstein that they had created, I decided to early upgrade, after having my :blackberry: for only 8 months. My kids play with it now, HA HA HA! :byeBB:!!!

Anyway, I am hopeful that Google, Android and Verizon realize the importance releasing a performing OS, that leaves their customers satisfied, not disappointed.

Keep your hopes up people. I guarantee all of you, that you would rather wait for an OS upgrade that works flawlessly, than one that is rushed and is lacking many aspects that we have grown to love about our droids.

Aside from all of the above, have any of you whiners thought about what upgrades Android may have to do, in order to make way for Adobe Flash?:r_c: Even the Phorbidden Phruit IPhone doesn't support that yet! Maybe this is taking them longer than expected. What if we Droid owners were to get adobe flash, before the Phruit Phone? Would you stop :icon_ poke:, or would you find something else to complain about? I'll put money on the latter.

If 2.1 comes later than sooner, rest assured that it will live up to its potential and be 100% usable. It's gonna be :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

That's all I have to say about that!

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Agreed. Coming from winblows mobile, this was a huge step switching over to an Android based device. I too check the latest news every day to see if 2.1 has arrived. In the meantime, I very much enjoy all what the phone has to offer out of the box.

I already know there will be another thread started a week after 2.1 is released with the title "Android 3.0 Release." Let the old saying be true "appreciate what you have." There are a lot of people wishing they had a smartphone like the great Droid!

Droidlicous

Reaction score
Just saw this on Motorola's Twitter page @MotoMobile:

"We’ll post updates here as soon as we have news on the release date."

Looks like they're taking their time with 2.1. I can't believe they don't have any news about the release date. We could be looking at weeks or months. This is frustrating.
IM FURIOUS. We could be getting the epdate at the same time as the Eris. AND THATS FREE. I don't understand how this isn't a big deal for them. It improves a phone that a lot of people love, their racking in sales numbers, why not keep their fans happy? All I love is next phone I get is not going to be by Motorola, they cant even give us a month or week that we would get an update. Is this how it will be with flash?
Really?!?!?! that ignorant ? Would you rather them push it out w/ bugs or have it fixed?? Me honestly don't care, I'm running custom ROMS so it's no big deal with me!!!

MAGGOTVOMIT

Reaction score
Just be patient. Hey look at me im a newb and still am just figuring this phone out and what?!!!! they already want to release an update. Oh the humanity!!!! My brain will be fried :)
I can hear it now if you impatient ones got a buggy update. The rest of us would be saying....

"Oh Nooooo! Your phones all flat and junk" :icon_ devil:

M1dnite

Reaction score
Just be patient. Hey look at me im a newb and still am just figuring this phone out and what?!!!! they already want to release an update. Oh the humanity!!!! My brain will be fried :)
I can hear it now if you impatient ones got a buggy update. The rest of us would be saying....

"Oh Nooooo! Your phones all flat and junk" :icon_ devil:

Wow, that car insurance commercial? Seriously?

hooknife

Reaction score
Just saw this on Motorola's Twitter page @MotoMobile:

"We’ll post updates here as soon as we have news on the release date."

Looks like they're taking their time with 2.1. I can't believe they don't have any news about the release date. We could be looking at weeks or months. This is frustrating.
IM FURIOUS. We could be getting the epdate at the same time as the Eris. AND THATS FREE. I don't understand how this isn't a big deal for them. It improves a phone that a lot of people love, their racking in sales numbers, why not keep their fans happy??

It's pretty obvious, the OS is not ready. I don't get why people are so upset by this.

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Hmm ... Maybe I should just switch to the Nexus one.. I'm still under my 30 day return policy.

Not to mention verizon has a line of customers inside.. They wont tell a 5 lined account holder no when I go in there and complain loudly :)

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hmm ... Maybe I should just switch to the Nexus one.. I'm still under my 30 day return policy.

Not to mention verizon has a line of customers inside.. They wont tell a 5 lined account holder no when I go in there and complain loudly :)

Yes, go switch.

JoeWoah

Reaction score
They just released a new update to 2.1 adding multitouch and better 3G utilization at the root level. Chances are Google told Moto that they weren't done with it yet, so Moto decided to wait until they were. I'm cool with that.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen the numerous threads where everyone can't wait for the update. My phone works good. Yes I'd like new features. I've grabbed apps for free. I've payed for some apps. I've installed 2.1 apps. I've held off on rooting only because I think an update is coming shortly and at first wasn't sure I'd gain much by doing so. Speeding up the CPU though...that would be a good reason to root.

Anyways...the thought that mostly hits home is about about the pre 2.0 Android phone user. Are they all stuck? Do they never get an upgrade? Here we are, owning a phone for only a couple months with upgrade options. If pre 2.0 users are stuck then suddenly we don't look so bad off...do we?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...strangely enough I really want the 2.1 update to come now...not because I really want it (I'm perfectly happy with my rooted droid which is OC running Smoked Glass ROM) but I want people to shatup about the damn 2.1 update already...:D :icon_ devil:

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Fact is though, w/o customer complaints and persistence who's to say they would ever update phones period?

I'm pissed my "flag ship phone" has already been pretty much upgraded in the form of Nexus One.

saxman1212

Reaction score
Fact is though, w/o customer complaints and persistence who's to say they would ever update phones period?

I'm pissed my "flag ship phone" has already been pretty much upgraded in the form of Nexus One.

This is how phones go man, every 6months or so the latest and greatest is released and unfortunately when that happens the older models do not get updated, but it COULD happen. And even if it does not, I am positive we will get a better 2.1 Rom from the amazing devs in this android community.