Looks like 2.1 Update will be a while.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Just saw this on Motorola's Twitter page @MotoMobile:

"We’ll post updates here as soon as we have news on the release date."

Looks like they're taking their time with 2.1. I can't believe they don't have any news about the release date. We could be looking at weeks or months. This is frustrating.

YA123

Reaction score

Looks like they're taking their time with 2.1. I can't believe they don't have any news about the release date. We could be looking at weeks or months. This is frustrating.
IM FURIOUS. We could be getting the epdate at the same time as the Eris. AND THATS FREE. I don't understand how this isn't a big deal for them. It improves a phone that a lot of people love, their racking in sales numbers, why not keep their fans happy? All I love is next phone I get is not going to be by Motorola, they cant even give us a month or week that we would get an update. Is this how it will be with flash?

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
To bad I was really looking forward to it but I can wait the Droid is kick A$$ as it is so I can wait a little longer as long as they get it right.

YA123

Reaction score
but they should have it right already, I mean they only had what 2 months to work on it. it shouldn't take two months to write a few scripts, and also they arent realeasing release dates, thats what pisses me off the most, they dont even care enough to tell us when the update is coming out...

diverbelow

Reaction score
I am thinking about rooting my phone to either the [Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock or Sholes.info Edition 1.2, in the meantime. Then I tell myself, watch I switch to one of those and 2.1 comes out.

krise11385

Reaction score
I am thinking about rooting my phone to either the [Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock or Sholes.info Edition 1.2, in the meantime. Then I tell myself, watch I switch to one of those and 2.1 comes out.

That's what I was doin then after it didn't come on the 22nd like everyone thought I went ahead n rooted my phone with the smoked glass rom n I couldn't be happier .altho I'm not using the 2.1 launcher cuz it felt laggy n I'm constantly in landscape mode so jus use home++ n have no lag issues and I like that I don't have to open the keyboard to get it into landscape while on the homescreen

frbooker87

Reaction score
They've only had 2.1 for a couple weeks not months. I for one have much respect for Motorola you guys seem to forget that they released an update a month after the release. Relax guys. Woosah. The update will be here trust me. The phone is great already anyway.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Relax!! You are complaining and wanting to boycott Moto because they arent coming off a date???? That is laughable!!!

droidilac

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing here.... :)

andrewcweaver

Reaction score
I have heard that (only a rumor) Verizon is in 2nd level testing with 2.1 on the Droid and will have it out by the end of January.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
I would rather they take their time and get it ported right, then release some half-assed version. I also take it the OP and 2nd poster were not BB users...

djstarion

Reaction score

IM FURIOUS. We could be getting the epdate at the same time as the Eris. AND THATS FREE. I don't understand how this isn't a big deal for them. It improves a phone that a lot of people love, their racking in sales numbers, why not keep their fans happy? All I love is next phone I get is not going to be by Motorola, they cant even give us a month or week that we would get an update. Is this how it will be with flash?
If it wasn't a big deal they'd just throw it out there right now and not care about bugs at all. Is your phone not working the way it should be? If it is, why are you in such a rush? If you want some of the 2.1 features, root and add them yourself if you want. Personally i'm fine waiting, I just want a bug free update. I had to deal with ****ty upgrades with the Storm, not about to do it with the Droid.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If it wasn't a big deal they'd just throw it out there right now and not care about bugs at all. Is your phone not working the way it should be? If it is, why are you in such a rush? If you want some of the 2.1 features, root and add them yourself if you want. Personally i'm fine waiting, I just want a bug free update. I had to deal with ****ty upgrades with the Storm, not about to do it with the Droid.

I agree. And many 2.1 features are available without even rooting - 5 home screens, app drawer, gallery, clock, news/weather widget.

Guurzak

Reaction score
My phone is still working just as well today as the day I took it home, so i'm happy.