Long live the Inc

buckfill

Reaction score
Ok...here's my story...

I was one of the first in line to get the Moto Droid. I kept it until the day you could order an Inc. I ordered the Inc and gave the droid to my wife. She liked it but within the first couple days of me having the Inc she stole it from me! I was fine with it because I wasn't married to the Inc yet, but I was to her. That was probably back in April??? Anyway, i kept thinking about that dang thing and how nice it felt in my hands. I've scoured every forum, review, etc looking for something to top it. Quite honestly, I kept coming back to the Inc. So, yesterday at 420pm I place another order for yet another Inc. I received it today. Oh, my... i can't even explain the difference between it and the droid! It's almost ridiculous how good it feels in my hand. I put it in my pocket and I seriously don't know what pocket it is in after a bit because it's so light. Unbelievable.

now, I need to say that i was a droid froyo rooting kind of guy. I miss the froyo goodness, but i am hopeful I'll see those days again without rooting!

Here's the bad news about the Inc:

- the keyboard and predictive text STINK. However, it's easily fixed with Better Keyboard. $2.00.

- I feel like the vibration is nonexistent compared to my droid. I probably just need to get used to it, but my droid was almost annoying in how hard it vibrated. With the Inc it's hard to tell if it even has a vibrate feature.

- I feel like the droid was much more customizable with ringtones for different functions (calendar, sms, mms, gmail, etc). The Inc sort of combines my exchange ringtone along with the calendar. annoying because i can't tell if I just received an email or a calendar event.

- Battery life is noticeably better with the Inc. I don't care what anyone says. It's hands down better and I'm only one day into it. I $hitz u notz...but my wife can easily go 2 days between charges. Granted...she just texts...light voice and heavy on the Epocrates.

I am bamboozled why this ISN'T the iPhone killer. It's unbelievable. I really hope sales speak for themselves and verizon keeps the inc around a while.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
One phone is not going to be an iPhone killer. Companies have tried to make an iPod killer since day one, and today, the iPod is still the best selling MP3 device on the market. The iPhone is just too popular. You can see Apple shoot themselves in the foot, and their device will remain popular.