LockScreen. Question

Milton515

Reaction score
Im running UD 1.0 and I want take the UD banner off my lockscreen... Is there any way to do that without flashing a theme or do I have to flash a theme to get rid of it?

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with stock Launcher Pro Plus

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im running UD 1.0 and I want take the UD banner off my lockscreen... Is there any way to do that without flashing a theme or do I have to flash a theme to get rid of it?

2 things: 1. That's a pretty old rom so ya might wanna flash a more current version like UD 2.4 or 2.5.....
2. You just want the top part that says Ultimate Droid off?.. Do ya want anything in it's place instead or just blank?

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
Yea, I know... I restored it back from BB v6.2 because of the horrible battery life.... I tried UD 2.5, and it gave me a bad battery life too... I just want it blank, so that my clock on my lock screen isn't covered up

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea, I know... I restored it back from BB v6.2 because of the horrible battery life.... I tried UD 2.5, and it gave me a bad battery life too... I just want it blank, so that my clock on my lock screen isn't covered up

You need the app metamorph for this.. make sure you have a back up made ... let me know if you don't know how to use metamorph and i'll post directions....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/blankUDlockscreen.zip <-- Blank UD lockscreen

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
Yea, Im need you to post those, because last time I used Metamorph I bricked my phone in a constant bootloop for 3 months (I was a noon at the rooting and all and did backup anything)

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea, Im need you to post those, because last time I used Metamorph I bricked my phone in a constant bootloop for 3 months (I was a noon at the rooting and all and did backup anything)

1. MAKE A BACK UP!... lol
2. If you run any kind of task killer, EXCLUDE MM from it.. that's an issue cause the atk kills mm in the middle of the flash... big problems...
3. Download the link above and move it to the androidthemes folder on the root of your sd. (moving it is just easier to explain, you can leave it alone and inside mm just hit the blue arrow and navigate to the download folder and proceed)
4. Open Metamorph, run checks (if it says something about memory in system is low, uninstall a few system apps like twitter, facebook, maps, etc and get them from the market so they become data/apps)
5. After the checks hit the "unzip new" tab at the bottom right, find your zipped up file you downloaded and moved, press it, close out of the splash screen that will pop up, hit apply all, then continue, answer any pop ups and click yes to reboot.. it's supposed to reboot framework automatically but it doesn't always.. if not, just manually reboot your phone... enjoy your new lockscreen bg...

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score

1. MAKE A BACK UP!... lol
2. If you run any kind of task killer, EXCLUDE MM from it.. that's an issue cause the atk kills mm in the middle of the flash... big problems...
3. Download the link above and move it to the androidthemes folder on the root of your sd. (moving it is just easier to explain, you can leave it alone and inside mm just hit the blue arrow and navigate to the download folder and proceed)
4. Open Metamorph, run checks (if it says something about memory in system is low, uninstall a few system apps like twitter, facebook, maps, etc and get them from the market so they become data/apps)
5. After the checks hit the "unzip new" tab at the bottom right, find your zipped up file you downloaded and moved, press it, close out of the splash screen that will pop up, hit apply all, then continue, answer any pop ups and click yes to reboot.. it's supposed to reboot framework automatically but it doesn't always.. if not, just manually reboot your phone... enjoy your new lockscreen bg...

Lol, thanx.... I will let u know how it goes

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You should really try BBv0.6.2.1, and do the clear battery stats process..... the process is to charge the batt full, clear battery stats, then let it drain completely til shutoff, then recharge to 100%...

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score

You should really try BBv0.6.2.1, and do the clear battery stats process..... the process is to charge the batt full, clear battery stats, then let it drain completely til shutoff, then recharge to 100%...

I havbe done that like idk how many times and it still givin me only around 3 hours of battery life

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
Ok cool.... :)

It worked, except it just looks like the UD words were blurred out and the banner is still there, cutting off like half of my clock

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I've never just used the normal background.... I can just darken it all if you want... then the blur will be gone and the clock should look good then...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
Yeah I've never just used the normal background.... I can just darken it all if you want... then the blur will be gone and the clock should look good then...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Ok, I will how that will work... Sorry if I inconvenience u... Will I be about to still use a custom wallpaper, cuz I noticed that after my phone rebooted it put the stock UD wallpaper back

jimmydene84

Reaction score
MM always does the wallpaper thing, just change it back afterwards and it stayes

sent with my thumbs