lock screen notifications not working?

glasshalffull

Reaction score
in settings i have "show all lock screen notification content" selected but i don't see anything when i pick up the Pixel xl and tilt the phone upward to reveal the notifications on the lock screen.

ambient display is on

What could be causing this problem?

Could it be the wallpapers settings, i have it set to daily wallpapers.

I just received an email and the phone was off and resting. the phone gave me the audio notification and the preview screen came on to show the notification in the black and white theme but disappeared in less than a second.

I can confirm as I've gotten several notifications that the preview works when a notification takes place but it turns off too quickly...

but I still can't see that notification screen when i pick up the phone or raise it towards my face to activate it

Last edited:
OP
G

glasshalffull

Reaction score
i'm saw another post that mentions that ambient display notifications when yu pick up the phone is not an option for the pixel xl

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is what I have read about their new Ambient Display:

A feature of Android Wear and Motorola devices, it's now on Android Nougat by default. Head into Settings > Display and you'll be able to glance at monochrome notifications.

“Quick Screen Check” — a big change to Google’s implementation of Ambient Display. With this change users can double-tap the screen to access the Ambient Display which allows them to see notification at a glance without fully waking up/unlocking the display. Previous versions of Ambient Display were only triggered by lifting the phone. To check notifications double tap or pick it up.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Notifications aren't showing up for me either when I pick up the phone with ambient display on. I've seen several reports of that being the case for others as well. The double tap to wake/view ambient display feature isn't available on the Pixel yet. Supposedly that's coming later.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's also a new option in the settings under "Moves" in the developer preview called "Lift to Check" which wasn't activated when I got the update. I don't know if the Pixel has the same menu, but it's worth a look.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There's also a new option in the settings under "Moves" in the developer preview called "Lift to Check" which wasn't activated when I got the update. I don't know if the Pixel has the same menu, but it's worth a look.

Sadly while the Pixel does have a Moves section in the settings, lift to check isn't there. The Pixel currently has swipe for notifications, jump to camera, and flip camera.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dang it. This is what I see on the 6P.
06233129b30c0dd4edd8f97e6d5077be.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Man going from my Turbo is going to be a challenge.