Pixel XL automatic screen brightness issue?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hey guys...

Within the last few days I've noticed that my screen remains super dim in all light settings. Adaptive brightness is on and has always been on. Now it seems that no matter how bright or dark it is in any room or area the screen is so dim it's hard to see..

Turning adaptive display off and manually setting the brightness works fine but why is it doing this all of a sudden? Anyone seen anything similar on their device?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bradfullilove

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Within the last few days I've noticed that my screen remains super dim in all light settings. Adaptive brightness is on and has always been on. Now it seems that no matter how bright or dark it is in any room or area the screen is so dim it's hard to see..

Turning adaptive display off and manually setting the brightness works fine but why is it doing this all of a sudden? Anyone seen anything similar on their device?

Have noticed that as well. Sometimes I notice the brightness is really low, and in that case adaptive brightness seems to operate in that window if brightness, but who knows.