list of stock apps / bloatware

cjriddle22

Reaction score
And what if I just flash the stock Android 2.2, Build 2.3.340 .sbf with RSD_lite?

I don't need to be rooted to do that, do I?

No you do not need to be rooted to SBF. It involves your computer. You can SBF if the phone is totally bricked. That's kind of what it is for.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Okay fellas need more help. I have done all the steps to get everything I need to get the stock ROM sbf'd to my phone; however, RSD Lite 4.6+ doesn't recognize my phone so I went down to RSD Lite 4.5; which does recognize my phone. I go to flash that SBF file and I get the following error:

Failed flashing process. Unable to retreive initialization values from INI file (0x7029); phone connected

Can anyone help so I can get back to stock and get the 2.3 update :)

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Update: Went back to v 4.2 of RSD Lite, still same error.

Try going the other way. You need rsd lite 4.8 or 4.9. Plus the most up to date moto drivers. And while your at in confirm the have the right sbf file.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I tried 4.8 and 4.9, and it wouldn't recognize my phone, and I took the SBF file from the link that was posted a page ago in this thread. All the moto drivers are updated too....

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I tried 4.8 and 4.9, and it wouldn't recognize my phone, and I took the SBF file from the link that was posted a page ago in this thread. All the moto drivers are updated too....

You are still on froyo, correct?

Haver you tried the maderstock zip method yet? If you are still on froyo, you can just flash that in droid x bootstrapper and it will take you back to bone stock. SBF is only needed if you installed a gingerbread leak or a non-froyo ROM.

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Haver you tried the maderstock zip method yet? If you are still on froyo, you can just flash that in droid x bootstrapper and it will take you back to bone stock. SBF is only needed if you installed a gingerbread leak or a non-froyo ROM.

I am just on the regular ROM my problem was that I deleted a couple of stock apps and I think it is keeping me from installing 2.3.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

I am just on the regular ROM my problem was that I deleted a couple of stock apps and I think it is keeping me from installing 2.3.

Ok that is what I thought. So have you ever flashed a ROM using Droid X Bootstrapper? If so, you need to flash the Maderstock zip file (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...stcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html#post1149917) mentioned a few pages ago.

All you do is put that zip file on your sd card. Go into droid x bootstrapper and bootstrap recovery. Then "install zip from sd card" and go select where you put the maderstock zip file. Then let it do its thing and boot up. Then you should be totally out of the box stock. Follow the link above for detail instructions on how to flash the zip file.

Note: This only works if you are on a 2.3.340 ROM (2.2.1).

Beeper10

Reaction score
I reinstalled the car dock app but I'm confused about what to do with the odex part that is below the apk app I downloaded?

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Ok that is what I thought. So have you ever flashed a ROM using Droid X Bootstrapper? If so, you need to flash the Maderstock zip file (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...stcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html#post1149917) mentioned a few pages ago.

All you do is put that zip file on your sd card. Go into droid x bootstrapper and bootstrap recovery. Then "install zip from sd card" and go select where you put the maderstock zip file. Then let it do its thing and boot up. Then you should be totally out of the box stock. Follow the link above for detail instructions on how to flash the zip file.

Note: This only works if you are on a 2.3.340 ROM (2.2.1).

Never have...but I do have ROM Manager and have played around with it. I think I could figure it out from there. I will try this tonight. Thanks so much! I'll post if I have any problems.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Never have...but I do have ROM Manager and have played around with it. I think I could figure it out from there. I will try this tonight. Thanks so much! I'll post if I have any problems.

Don't use ROM manager, it doesn't play nice with the DX. You just need it to make sure you have the latest ClockworkMod installed. Then make sure you have Droid X Bootstrapper installed. It is $2 from the market, but I think you might be able to get it on his (Koush) website or over at xda forums for free.

Just follow the instructions exactly on the maderstock link and you will be fine. If you have any questions, just ask. Gingerbread is in your future.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Don't use ROM manager, it doesn't play nice with the DX. You just need it to make sure you have the latest ClockworkMod installed. Then make sure you have Droid X Bootstrapper installed. It is $2 from the market, but I think you might be able to get it on his (Koush) website or over at xda forums for free.

Just follow the instructions exactly on the maderstock link and you will be fine. If you have any questions, just ask. Gingerbread is in your future.

Oh okay....I'll get Bootstrapper. Don't mind paying the $2. I know exactly what app you're talking about. I did install the ClockworkMod prior, but since I unrooted, I may have to do that again one more time.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Oh okay....I'll get Bootstrapper. Don't mind paying the $2. I know exactly what app you're talking about. I did install the ClockworkMod prior, but since I unrooted, I may have to do that again one more time.

Oh well if you are un-rooted, you will have to re-root. You must be rooted to flash ROMs and access clockwork mod.