• Social sharing
  • Social Status

Any radicalizations if I uninstall these, What other Bloatware can I uninstall

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pretty much any apk can be removed with no side affects and you can always find them online if something does happen to go wrong

The only two that cause problems are the framework-res.apk (very important)
and phone.apk which obviously is important everything else you can pretty much remove with no side effects

estafusisx

Reaction score
Pretty much any apk can be removed with no side affects and you can always find them online if something does happen to go wrong

The only two that cause problems are the framework-res.apk (very important)
and phone.apk which obviously is important everything else you can pretty much remove with no side effects

Thats true for the most part but it's still not a good idea to just go through and remove everything you see. And be sure to keep a backup (of the phone and every app you uninstall)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you uninstall any of the preinstalled apps you won't be able to get any OTA updates until you put them back.
Most people rename them or freeze them with titanium backup.
I moved mine to another directory with the names intact.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True about the ota's but i never want them anyway but yea anything is pretty much safe to remove but don't go through deleting everything i would just move them to a directory on your sdcard and then see how things are affected and if you can live with it remove it completely

skennelly

Reaction score
I would rename them to .bak first. If you don't get any fc's then they are safe to delete. Be careful removing any messaging apk as most third party text apps still require the stock app to be present. And yes, it is always good practice to make a completely stock back up prior to deleting system apps. You can restore this to receive ota's. Saves time from either dl'ing apks and installing or having to sbf.

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just use bloat freezer. I uninstalled City ID and can't get it back the way it was. I tried changing permissions in root explorer and it still won't work.

danhub

Reaction score
apps getting deleted off android

some apps are important. like the text messaging app. if you delete it you cant replace it with chomp sms. i did it and had some really bad side effects. the only way i could fix it was to find a .apk file from a similar phone and put it on my phone via root explorer and making sure the root was mounted. in the top little left hand corner it says mount. thats if you are rooted. other wise everything is safe to delete.
dont do any of this it was just my own personal experiance if you mess up and mess up your phone i am not responsible.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's just because those replacement text messagers take from the stock one but u can still delete anything safely but obviously things will stop working like say u delete latinime.apk and have no other keyboard installed u can expect ur keyboard to not work but the rest of the phone obviously will :) anyway anything is safe to delete and u can always find the apps on the internet if u delete them and want them back there are also sbfs for most phones now so it's virtually impossible to brick ur device anyway basically don't go deleting everything especially if u don't know what it is but if u delete something by accident u'll always be able to get it reinstalled and ur device will be fine it just may be a pain

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums