Freezing GB apps

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've recently come across a free app called "Gemini App Manager," and it does almost as much as TiB. Is it about time to start another "What apps did you freeze safely?" thread? For the record, I freed up more than 100 MB's of RAM, and I'm running at about 190 MB's right now.

From this point on, YOU ARE PROCEEDING AT YOUR OWN RISK. These will vary depending on the services you personally use.

AdService
Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3
Blockbuster
Bluetooth Share
BluetoothDUN
Books
CarDock
City ID
Data Collection
Data Collector Services
Data Manager Service
DataCollectorProvider
Desk Home
DLNA
Emergency Alerts
Facebook Authenticator
Files
Flickr Authenticator
Help Center
Home screen tips
LastFM Authenticator
LinkedIn Authenticator
Media Share
Motorola Dock Service
MySpace Authenticator
News
News & Weather
NFS Shift
Orkut Authenticator
Photobucket Authenticator
Picasa Authenticator
Pico TTS
Print to Retail
Skype Mobile
Skyrock Authenticator
Social Messaging
Social Messaging Service
Social Networking
Social Sharing
Social Status
Sound Recorder
Sticky Note
Street View
Suggestions
Suggestions Core RuleChecker Services
Suggestions Poll Scheduler Service
Sync Service
Terminal Emulator
Text Messaging
Twitter Authenticator
Updater
V CAST Media Manager
Video Editor Lite
Voice Commands
Voice Readouts
Voice Search
Voicemail
VPN Services
VZ Navigator
Weather
Yahoo Contacts
Yahoo! Mail Authenticator
YouTube Authenticator

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, one of these services controls weather updating on widgets. I've already checked the obvious ones, and still, I'm stuck.

Edit: Apparently, MSN Weather is down, along with my Live email account. Therefore, my weather widget is not affected by freezing the given services/apps.

Akedos

Reaction score
I froze most of these apps and then noticed my contacts list would no longer function properly. When I accessed a contact it would show a blank or white screen then jump back to the home screen. After thawing what I thought were the obvious suspects and getting no where, I just unfroze them all and did it a batch at a time. I read another user experienced this same thing as well. Both of us are using the Droid 2 (NOT GLOBAL). The app to NOT freeze is Yahoo Contacts. I don't use Yahoo in any way but this was the one that caused the issues.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I froze most of these apps and then noticed my contacts list would no longer function properly. When I accessed a contact it would show a blank or white screen then jump back to the home screen. After thawing what I thought were the obvious suspects and getting no where, I just unfroze them all and did it a batch at a time. I read another user experienced this same thing as well. Both of us are using the Droid 2 (NOT GLOBAL). The app to NOT freeze is Yahoo Contacts. I don't use Yahoo in any way but this was the one that caused the issues.

Same for me but I had to unfreeze Yahoo! Mail Authenticator as well. But thanks to OP because I have been looking for a new list of what to freeze under GB. This hit the spot.