list of stock apps / bloatware

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I was going to hook you up, but then I looked in my apps and realized I am running Liberty GB and haven't had NFS for like 5 months. Sorry Bro. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you the correct version, or you could just keep hitting up Google. It knows all.

No problem man, we'll get this figured out eventually. I'm going to try Chad Haney's entire 2.2.1 file and see if that works.

timrock

Reaction score
The NFS version on my dx is 1.1.49. I have never played this game, i froze the app right aways. Im not sure if it was ever updated.

As for Madden, when i open it, it tells me to download something else, so i dont bother. I dont want it on my phone. sorry, not sure which version it is.

Last edited:

timrock

Reaction score
try this madden
(taken from another board)
Madden.zip
I figured there would be others, like myself, who are not going to take the update or flash the newest sbf right off but would still like to try out Madden 11 so here are the 2 Madden files zipped up to download. Just unzip and copy both files to your sdcard, copy and paste Madden.apk into the system/app folder and change the permissions to User: read, write; Group: read; and Others: read. Then copy and paste the libMadden10.so file into the system/lib folder and change the permissions to User: read, write; Group: read; and Others: read. Finish by rebooting your phone.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Thanks man I'll give it a try...I'm downloading the BIG file for 2.2.1 defaults right now from that previous link. I figured that HAS to work as I didn't really delete much once I rooted, just apps I didn't care for.

Obviously a month ago, I learned never to delete just freeze :) so hopefully this works and lesson learned.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
If this mass install doesn't work, can someone point me to a step by step guide to SBF back to everything stock?

jbhuskers

Reaction score

cjriddle22

Reaction score
If this mass install doesn't work, can someone point me to a step by step guide to SBF back to everything stock?
everything you need is right here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Yes this will get you to what you want. Just know that if you install the maderstock zip then install the GB OTA, you will lose root. No one is sure if/when it will be rooted. Just saying, if root is important you might want to wait or install the pre-rooted official .596.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Root is only for Set CPU, Shoot Me, Titanium Backup, nothing I couldn't live without for a little while. I'm just trying to get all the stock apps back on my phone to proceed, and will live without the root until it works.

timrock

Reaction score
anyone have the motogal.apk (corporate directory)?

jbhuskers

Reaction score
For Madden, that link I installed it and still get the same "parsing the package error"...

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Root is only for Set CPU, Shoot Me, Titanium Backup, nothing I couldn't live without for a little while. I'm just trying to get all the stock apps back on my phone to proceed, and will live without the root until it works.

To each his own. The beauty of Android.

I personally love being able to add the ROM of my choice to my phone, and those apps are a must for ROMs.

T

Trhcleary

Timrock,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm unrooted at the moment, so I can't really follow those instructions exactly.

I see that I have to make the /system/app folder writable, change app permissions, etc. Is this possible without root?

I removed "Blockbuster" from my DX when I rooted.

I unrooted, and now I'm trying to install the OTA Gingerbread update, and it's failing every time.

Is there a way to get Blockbuster back?
find it here
Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com

instructions (from another forum)
I deleted a few system apps (all the social stuff, corp directory, email, etc). In a thread on DroidXForums (this one on the unrooting procedure) someone mentioned that they could not get the .604 update without some of the bloatware. Of course, this freaked me out a bit as I would certainly like to get Froyo when it comes out. So, I went about trying to reinstall the stuff I'd uninstalled. The system dump with all the default apps is here, and below is the procedure to get what you're missing reinstalled and visible as system apps. I used Root Manager but the same procedure should work for Root Explorer. If you prefer ADB I'm sure one of the more competent terminalists here can help you.

-Place the apk(s) of the apps on your sdcard.

-Use your chosen means to copy the apk(s) to /system/app (this will require making /system/app writable. In Root Manager just press the R/W key when you're exploring /system/app).

-You now need to change the app's permissions. In Root Manager, long press on the app (in /system/app) and click on "permissions". Then make sure that only the following boxes are clicked: User Read, User Write, Group Read, Others Read.

-Make sure you make /system/app read only again by clicking that box in the top right while you're exploring the folder.

-Reboot phone.

Now the apps should be loaded and the system should recognize them as system apps (you can verify by opening Titanium and noticing they're in red). This should make you good to go for whatever OTA comes. If you're unsure which apks in the system dump correspond to the apps you've deleted, just explore your /system/app and compare it to the system dump app list. Any apks in the dump but not in yours are what you're looking for.

timrock

Reaction score
nope, you can root with z4root, install the apk, then unroot.

T

Trhcleary

And what if I just flash the stock Android 2.2, Build 2.3.340 .sbf with RSD_lite?

I don't need to be rooted to do that, do I?

nope, you can root with z4root, install the apk, then unroot.