list of stock apps / bloatware

jbhuskers

Reaction score
or, but since I unrooted, I may have to do that again one more time.

Oh well if you are un-rooted, you will have to re-root. You must be rooted to flash ROMs and access clockwork mod.[/QUOTE]

I have installed the ROM successfully, downloading 2.3 right now .... crossing my fingers that it will install.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Looks like success!!!! It's still in the install stage where before I'd error out.

Now once 2.3 is rootable, would I use that bootstrap program to install say the Liberty ROM as a zip file, just like what I did with that stock ROM?

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Okay the 2.3 package installed on boot....but now I'm rebooting and it goes to:

Bootloader
Err: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

What's going on?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Looks like success!!!! It's still in the install stage where before I'd error out.

Now once 2.3 is rootable, would I use that bootstrap program to install say the Liberty ROM as a zip file, just like what I did with that stock ROM?

Kind of. We really won't know until the OTA is rootable. If it ever is. Glad you got it all figured out though.

You know there is a pre-rooted version of the OTA GB 2.3.3 (4.5.596)...

Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Kind of. We really won't know until the OTA is rootable. If it ever is. Glad you got it all figured out though.

You know there is a pre-rooted version of the OTA GB 2.3.3 (4.5.596)...

Well it's not working....as when I boot I get what I posted above :(

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Okay the 2.3 package installed on boot....but now I'm rebooting and it goes to:

Bootloader
Err: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

What's going on?

Looks like you have gone into bootloader mode. You may have to do a factory reset, turn the phone off, press and hold both the Home and Power buttons. Once you get the triangle with the exclamation point press both volume buttons, then use the volume button to scroll down to factory reset and press the power button.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
After doing some more research, I may have lead you down a path where the only way out is a SBF. I pulled this quote from the site below:

(EDIT for additional info: You CANNOT use the maderstcok.zip file to get to 2.3.340 then to .596 directly, it's missing some files apparently, and have put users, including myself, into bootloops or straight to bootloader mode, thus requiring an SBF. You may be able to use the TBH Monster340.zip however, as I successfully used it to get to stock, then upgraded directly to .596 from there, but there are other reports of it acting just like maderstcok for some users.)

So if doing a factory reset does not work for you, you will need to SBF back to Froyo. More details over here:

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Here's the problem....RSD Lite 4.9 is not recognizing my phone. 4.5 does, but it says it fails to initialize the flash when I try.....

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I have updated all Motorola Drivers and everything....don't get why this isn't reading my phone :(

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I have updated all Motorola Drivers and everything....don't get why this isn't reading my phone :(

Man sorry I got you in a Pickle, I really thought it was your best option for your situation. I didn't know the maderstock zip wouldn't work. I personally have never had any problems with RSD lite.

Read through this thread and see if it helps.

RSD Lite not recognizing droid x

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I'm going to try sbf'ing to .320 instead of .340 and go back to rsd lite 4.5 where it recognizes my phone. Maybe a different .sbf file is the trick.

Worse comes to worse, I'll go to Verizon tomorrow and play dumb.

I did use My Backup Pro to backup contacts, apps, data, etc. So I didn't lose anything. I also have a ROM backed up using Bootstrapper that I did prior to that Stock ROM you had me flash....so I have all that on my SD card.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Here is the error I'm getting on RSD Lite when my phone is actually being read on the program. I try to flash the SBF and every time I get this:

Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file (0x7029) phone connected

PLEASE help!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I'm going to try sbf'ing to .320 instead of .340 and go back to rsd lite 4.5 where it recognizes my phone. Maybe a different .sbf file is the trick.

Worse comes to worse, I'll go to Verizon tomorrow and play dumb.

I did use My Backup Pro to backup contacts, apps, data, etc. So I didn't lose anything. I also have a ROM backed up using Bootstrapper that I did prior to that Stock ROM you had me flash....so I have all that on my SD card.

Ok give that a try and also read through the above thread. I've heard lots of people have had success using this method, but I have never tried it myself.

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

If you go to Verizon they are just going to SBF it for you (not sure the method they use), or tell you that they can't help you since you rooted your phone and voided your warranty. It really depends on the rep you talk to and how much they know.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Here is the error I'm getting on RSD Lite when my phone is actually being read on the program. I try to flash the SBF and every time I get this:

Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file (0x7029) phone connected

PLEASE help!

So stupid question, you are putting your phone into bootloader mode before connecting it to the computer, correct?

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE&feature=related[/video]

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Good news. Linux worked to get me unbricked :)

Now to try to get to 2.3 again.

Thank you so much for walking me through this Riddle. Obviously I know the risks so when I got stuck, I definitely wasn't pissed....