list of stock apps / bloatware

llong314

Reaction score
Will doing a factory reset reinstall those apps that were previously deleted...like the NFS app, etc...?

That's the question I'm trying to get answered.

Agreed...sort of strange that we would be "allowed" to uninstall an app like NFS but still have to have it on our X to be able to utilize system updates...doesn't make sense to me.

I swear that I was able to install Froyo after I had gotten rid of NFS...maybe I'm dreaming, but pretty sure that's the case. I would think that it would be the same for GB, but I guess not.

jbhuskers

Reaction score

cjriddle22

Reaction score
....and can you help me with doing this?

Yikes. I kind of assumed you knew what it was... I'm assuming you were rooted on Froyo?

This is where you should start:

How To SBF Droid X to 2.3.320/.340

Once you think you have it figured out. Read more and search the forums again.

If you never installed ROMs and just uninstalled apps that you didn't want, you can just search google for the .apk and install it. No need to SBF. SBF is what you use when you just want a fresh start, or if you have flashed so many ROMs and made so many modifications you have no idea how to get back to stock.

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting the .apk's yeah I didn't flash a new ROM, just rooted with Z4 is all I did. But I did delete some programs I didn't want, but later learned that was a no-no. It looks like I can find every .apk but Need For Speed. The good news is I have never flashed a ROM.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting the .apk's yeah I didn't flash a new ROM, just rooted with Z4 is all I did. But I did delete some programs I didn't want, but later learned that was a no-no. It looks like I can find every .apk but Need For Speed. The good news is I have never flashed a ROM.

Well then you should be fine if you can find all of the .apk (s). In the future, if you are rooted, you should use an app like titanium backup and just freeze all the apps you don't want. It is just the same as removing them, but if you ever need them back (say for an update) they will be there.

It appears someone put up a link in this thread to all of the NFS apk (s), but I am not sure which one came on the DX.

jbhuskers

Reaction score

Well then you should be fine if you can find all of the .apk (s). In the future, if you are rooted, you should use an app like titanium backup and just freeze all the apps you don't want. It is just the same as removing them, but if you ever need them back (say for an update) they will be there.

It appears someone put up a link in this thread to all of the NFS apk (s), but I am not sure which one came on the DX.

Okay .... and the Madden one is giving me a parsing error. Outside of that I have gotten Blockbuster, Skype, and others back. I think I just need NFS and Madden.

Yeah I learned my lesson a few weeks ago about freezing instead of removing, so thankfully I haven't removed anything since the first time I had the app to do so.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
According to this, everything I had deleted was "safe to remove"....

"Safe to Remove" = You phone will not become a paper weight (brick) if you remove these apps

It does not mean you can accept future OTA updates.

Right on, thanks for the help.

Wish I knew which NFS was the right APK, and why the Madden APK isn't installing right.

I was going to hook you up, but then I looked in my apps and realized I am running Liberty GB and haven't had NFS for like 5 months. Sorry Bro. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you the correct version, or you could just keep hitting up Google. It knows all.