Liquids Roms:-)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I just have to say, this is one of my faves. I love cm7 and I've been flashing roms since the D2 came out. I was a big fan of Liberty. I like miui just for a change of scenery. But of all the roms (every possible one) Liquid is right with cm7 and I know its built of the latest Cm7 builds.. but its themed just right, I find it a lil faster and a lil more stable and I can't tell you enough if you haven't tried it and you love cm7 jump all over it! Just flashed 2.3.6 and all my apps dled in 5 or so minutes via wifi. And I have hundreds...jeeez this is awesome love the D2 has been getting and I'm sure I stand for all of us as these devs surely work their axes off for us and I just want to take the time and thank each and every one of you that plays a role in rom and theme dev. And Liquid! Dude I can't wait to see what's next brother!!! Donating is the best I can do to thank you other than this post! Peace! And Happy romming and Deving...Droid2drummer...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Abs

Reaction score
What's so different about Liquid than CM7? I flashed it last night and the only thing I really noticed that's different is the settings. It let's you replace system apps I think. I'm certainly not new to ROMing but I honestly can't tell much difference between the two. Enlighten me please? C:

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's so different about Liquid than CM7? I flashed it last night and the only thing I really noticed that's different is the settings. It let's you replace system apps I think. I'm certainly not new to ROMing but I honestly can't tell much difference between the two. Enlighten me please? C:

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums[/QUOT
That would be because its built off of CM7..I notice small differences. And stated what my opinion was of the rom.. was more of a thanks to him and the devs. Not much of a noob myself.. I like the speed #1 on my device I notice a difference.. I love that it is themed to my liking.. and #2 launcher pro plays the default home launcher:) I like that too as I have plus.. ALSO. #3 you stated the settings are a little different.. #4.. if you like to play the quadrant scores or cpu speed and all that (which I could care less) it runs a better score on my device..#5 my downloads from the market are without fail and FASTER on my device than any other rom I've ever used including my other fave CM7 itself..and many more things I have left out I'm sure.. However this is all some of tthe things I've noticed... quicker booting too! Lol

Anyway, I hope this may help a little.. .>:_)>
Oh yeah and liquid is usually my Monday, Thursday rom.. Cm7 is my weekender...lol

Abs

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums[/QUOT
That would be because its built off of CM7..I notice small differences. And stated what my opinion was of the rom.. was more of a thanks to him and the devs. Not much of a noob myself.. I like the speed #1 on my device I notice a difference.. I love that it is themed to my liking.. and #2 launcher pro plays the default home launcher:) I like that too as I have plus.. ALSO. #3 you stated the settings are a little different.. #4.. if you like to play the quadrant scores or cpu speed and all that (which I could care less) it runs a better score on my device..#5 my downloads from the market are without fail and FASTER on my device than any other rom I've ever used including my other fave CM7 itself..and many more things I have left out I'm sure.. However this is all some of tthe things I've noticed... quicker booting too! Lol

Anyway, I hope this may help a little.. .>:_)>
Oh yeah and liquid is usually my Monday, Thursday rom.. Cm7 is my weekender...lol

I definitely like the fact that it comes with launcherpro!! Forgot about that. also forgot that the market is a little different than the normal market. Miui and liquids markets are set up a little different which I like a lot more than the one included in gapps. Didn't know that about the speeds though. I absolutely love both ROMs and can't thank the devs enough for supporting the D2.

I just noticed that you specifically thanked liquid which would lead someone to believe that he has made great innovations to the CM7 base... which is sounds like he has. Thanks for the info

fishaholic

Reaction score
so whats the difference in settings?? i would like to know before flashing a whole rom just to find out haha

Abs

Reaction score
so whats the difference in settings?? i would like to know before flashing a whole rom just to find out haha

I don't have both ROMs sitting in front of me right now obviously lol... but from what I can tell Liquid includes all of the normal CM7 settings plus a goodies section where you can easily install boot animations, fonts, and switch system apps. Like.. you can change the music app that comes with Liquid to a different one.

If anyone else knows of anything else... feel free to add on

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

I don't have both ROMs sitting in front of me right now obviously lol... but from what I can tell Liquid includes all of the normal CM7 settings plus a goodies section where you can easily install boot animations, fonts, and switch system apps. Like.. you can change the music app that comes with Liquid to a different one.

If anyone else knows of anything else... feel free to add on

Lol.. yeah I was just sitting here trying to think, and that's about all I can come up with at the moment! So. Yeah, what he said! And I am seeing a few others are really liking this rom! It is awesome and well tweaked! Thanks..Abs

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am partial to liquid and have been for a while, but I am looking at the CM and liquid menus on side by side devices so I found this stuff in addition to what has been mentioned:

-Lock into memory - CM has the home and messaging lock but liquid also has the custom one where you can lock anything.
-The color changer for changing your text colors on the pulldown and notification bar.
-Under Liquid > System is the biggest difference I can see. Liquid has the option to hot reboot, zipalign, wipe dalvik, wipe cache, wipe battery stats, fix permissions, mount r/w and r/o, disable boot animation, and some other things.
-And in talking to liquid he does put alot of effort into speed and overall performance, to me it shows.
-An advantage liquid has is his ability to add new things in like the latest market and gmail. CM follows a certain set of rules which requires it to be merged a certain way (I am not clear on the specifics of it)

There is some more stuff but to me these were the noteable ones.

Abs

Reaction score
I am partial to liquid and have been for a while, but I am looking at the CM and liquid menus on side by side devices so I found this stuff in addition to what has been mentioned:

-Lock into memory - CM has the home and messaging lock but liquid also has the custom one where you can lock anything.
-The color changer for changing your text colors on the pulldown and notification bar.
-Under Liquid > System is the biggest difference I can see. Liquid has the option to hot reboot, zipalign, wipe dalvik, wipe cache, wipe battery stats, fix permissions, mount r/w and r/o, disable boot animation, and some other things.
-And in talking to liquid he does put alot of effort into speed and overall performance, to me it shows.
-An advantage liquid has is his ability to add new things in like the latest market and gmail. CM follows a certain set of rules which requires it to be merged a certain way (I am not clear on the specifics of it)

There is some more stuff but to me these were the noteable ones.

Thanks for the information!! I did not know all of that.

On a side note, what exactly does zip-aligning mean? And what does it do?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
i tried switching to liquid 2.3.5 but there were a few problems that made the rom not useable to me (ie. wifi) while not a huge problem, no word from the developer on the issue after numerous posts on the thread about wifi issues. 3 days without developer support or acknowledgement is a deal breaker

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I liked liquid, but I eventually went back to cm. My d2 just likes it better. I am amazed at the speed and customization I get on my d2. I can't fathom it getting any faster to be honest.

CM74D2

MindArchr

Reaction score
i tried switching to liquid 2.3.5 but there were a few problems that made the rom not useable to me (ie. wifi) while not a huge problem, no word from the developer on the issue after numerous posts on the thread about wifi issues. 3 days without developer support or acknowledgement is a deal breaker

2.3.6 addressed the wifi issue(s). It's in the changelog. I haven't tested it yet to know if it works for me or not.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for the information!! I did not know all of that.

On a side note, what exactly does zip-aligning mean? And what does it do?

No problem. And I am not very good at describing things but you use it to zipalign your apks. It essentially makes sure your apks are running as fast as they can and are using the least ammount of memory/resources they can.

HERE is a pretty good write up if you want to check it out, probably wont sound like the babble you get from me lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

2.3.6 addressed the wifi issue(s). It's in the changelog. I haven't tested it yet to know if it works for me or not.

Yes wifi is working very well for me on both the D2 and DX. But it sounds like montecarlo was more concerned about not hearing anything about a fix or anything. And even I will admit that liquid is not big on posting. For this reason I try to provide support in his threads, especially the D2 and DX ones since I have those currently and he doesnt.

I actually kind of feel bad in this case because I missed posting in the D2 thread that a fix was being worked on and would be out as soon as it was ready. I couldnt figure out how I did that but I managed to double post it somewhere else, they probably think I am nuts :frown:

DiddyKong

Reaction score
i just tried flashing this multiple times and had to sbf twice. i got stuck at the bootlogo and would not let me do anything else both times i tried this.