Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqeyes

Reaction score
I formatted system and installed the full 2.01 patch without a data wipe and it works fine. Seems the problem is in the patch.

hetrick696

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I have been playing around with the liberty toolbox and finally felt outgoing. I installed a custom boot animation using the toolbox, but I can't for the life of me get the sound to work. Is there a specific place/name I have to put the file for it to work with the liberty rom. PLEASE HELP.....noob down lol :)

To get the sound to actually work, I had to make the following modifications:

Modifying the build.prop will only give you a sound at the end of the
bootanimation.

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound.
I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. Bootanimationfile
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is
saved in the folder /system/media

Thank you. I had been trying to replace the bootanimation file in /system/resource/communicate

worked great. Thanks again.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright so who suggest the 2.0.1 download and do you have to flash it over 2.0?

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

webmastir

Reaction score
Alright so who suggest the 2.0.1 download and do you have to flash it over 2.0?

Changelog for 2.0.1:
- Liberty settings force close
( Themes need to be updated for this )
- Updated gmail
- Small bug fix

It's not that necessary if those changes aren't affecting you but why not? Updated gmail alone is nice to have :)

pcpimp

Reaction score
Just installed Liberty 2.0.1 from 1.5 no issue yet. Guys keep up the good work!!

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
My GOD man whats the secret?

I donated yesterday (course i donate the day before release!), charged my phone to 100% at about 6PM. It is now 9AM the next day and my battery (extended) is at 80%. I never got more than 12 hours before the phone was stone cold dead. I'm not a "power user" per say, but i do have twitter running updates every 3 mins, facebook, and 4 fetch email accounts, and a few hours of bluetooth handsfree, latitude updates, and wifi always on.

Liberty 2.whatever is worth it for this feat alone. Excellent work!

Last edited:

webmastir

Reaction score
I'm not a "power user" per say, but i do have twitter running updates every 3 mins, facebook, and 4 fetch email accounts, and a few hours of bluetooth handsfree, latitude updates, and wifi always on.

:icon_eek: 3min update intervals? nuts
hehe

earnric

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a thanks to the guys for Liberty 2.0!! The best $5 I've ever spent -- I'd really encourage everyone to donate... This is really good stuff! My X FLIES now -- I can't believe how fast it runs...

E

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I'm not a "power user" per say, but i do have twitter running updates every 3 mins, facebook, and 4 fetch email accounts, and a few hours of bluetooth handsfree, latitude updates, and wifi always on.

:icon_eek: 3min update intervals? nuts
hehe

I know i know, but My business has a twitter and i like to stay in close touch with clients and such

@SoniqueSoftware :)

twiyojdi

Reaction score
Hi, I have the liberty toolbox donate and got a message that there was an update available. Below the update file, it said don't wipe so I didn't. Seems to be running well. Did I have to do a wipe going from 2.0 to 2.0.1? Also, in liberty toolbox, ad blocker and fix permissions keep saying "Error!" when I try to run them. Anyone else with these issues? Thanks!

Edit: Found an issue. The LED will not flash for notifications. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:

Mr. Steve

Reaction score
Does the 2.0.1 still have the outdated market (2.2.11) or does it come with the newest version (2.3.4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.