Not open for further replies.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
With the release of V0.4, we've started to integrate the standard Google Gingerbread theme elements alongside the Blur. Of course, we're also throwing on the same yellow (gold) paint job we've had since the very first release.

The purpose of this thread is to identify areas that have been missed or not hit yet. As of right now, there is a lot missing... so let's be gentle.

I'd like to set some guidelines for all posts to follow.

1. Only post in this thread once. If you find something new, edit your original post. (Make sure to put the date of your addition so I can see you have added new) This will keep page count down and allow us to browse the pages faster.

2. Please have the following criteria included in your post: App, Specific Screen, function attempted, etc. I need to know where to look if its something obscure within xml.

3. If possible, please include a screengrab.

4. Read the latest couple posts to make sure it hasn't already been mentioned. If someone has already notified us of something, there is no need to repeat.

I will be heavily moderating this thread as well as compiling a list in the second post. So check that list first before posting as well as the last couple pages in the thread in case I've not seen them yet.

But seriously, if you post garbage in this thread it'll be deleted. The more constructive you can be, the better it will end for everyone. This is an experiment to see if we can crowdsource during development of the rom. Let's not #fail :)

BuddhaDroidX

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed v0.4 earlier..smooth install and was not disappointed when it booted. Well done on the new bootlogo and bootanimation! Everything so far looks clean n sharp. Just hav a couple of inquiries.
1. In pulldown menu the section above notification where says LGB v0.4 the grey background looks out of place..like its unfinished.
2. Next is matter of personal taste. I dont have any issue with Liberty's tradition Black n Gold colour scheme but I have to say that I was greatly enjoying the blue status bar and had hoped that yall might rock the blue bar with the Liberty Gold.. this it would give LGB a nice touch and distinquish it from the froyo versions:) Is there a way to get the blue bar back. Perhaps as an option?

3. Lastly for now.. only glitch I have after install is that the new Liberty Customizer will not work. I click it and it downloads files...says click to proceed..says setting up files...then back to continue popup..then starts downloadin....over and over...have tried reboot...same thing.
Thanks again for yalls hard work and lookin forward to this rom gettin better and better.

updated- Thanks to Host for solving the initial install problem I was having with the new Customizer. The answer turn out to be simple...as suggested deleted the libertycustomizer folder and libertycustomizer.zip from the sd card and redownload customizer thru Liberty Settings menu...smooth as glass! The new Customizer is definitly an awesome added feature! Thanks to Team Liberty for all your hard work at producing quality goodies for us!:)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

kilahimm

Reaction score
Google Voice - First screen when it asks you to specify an account to sync with, the accounts are covered by a black box. If you press on one it'll highlight and display the text.

gimlet72

Reaction score
The one thing I miss from Liberty Froyo is the reboot option with the long press of the power button

Also it is hard to read the white text percent with the yellow battery background. Maybe change to black text

Last edited:

Hbruhammer

Reaction score
Definitely need to theme the market but other than that I think a themed facebook and a themed twitter would be nice

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

slavnost

Reaction score
I miss the music player buttons on the lock screen. I know I could just get a lock screen replacement, but I've never really liked those...and it would be nice to an option for full silence, not just sound on and vibrate.

bL33d

Reaction score
Mainly stock dialer as I used the theme patch for apex 2.0 to get black menus and got a yellow market off xda. I'm really digging the yellow I never really ran liberty much b4 this.

deevious

Reaction score
(4/29/11; Liberty v0.4)
Liberty Customizer:
- Ability to chose different themes (Default Liberty, AOSP, etc...)
- Ability to chose different color schemes (Yellow, Red, Blue, etc...)
- Ability to chose different icons (Notification and Apps)
- Ability to chose different lockscreen sliders

Random Thoughts:
- I don't like the font for 3G in the notification settings. 1-2 pixels too wide IMO.
- I really like the default Gingerbread look for a change. Being able to keep/change to it's notification bar color would be nice.
- So far I'm in love. :)

(5/6/10; Liberty v0.5)
Liberty Customizer:
- Would still love to see the ability to chose from a list (w/ preview pics!) of themes
-- Ask if the the user would like to install a theme
--- If yes open a theme picker after Liberty Customizer completes
--- If no, ask if they would like a different color scheme for Liberty
----- If yes display a list of colors (Yellow/Default, Red, Blue, Green, GB Blue?)
----- If no just install the default Yellow (making sure yellow/Default was an option for color scheme)
- Would also still love to see some different sliders
- The included Swype doesn't seem to be dark themed

Random Thoughts:
- The font for 3G is much better, thank you! :)

Last edited:

Stayin100

Reaction score
Just a thought, and I'm not knocking anyone, this rom is amazing. But as part of the boot customizer, I think it would be awesome to be able to select no theme. Stock GB look, blue, something other than yellow . The yellow and black just isn't my bag. With the limited ( no ) selection of themes right now its the only thing I don't like. I know its kind of the liberty standard, but I cant figure out why. I hope I'm not offending anyone, I don't mean to hate. Just a thought.

thahandyman

Reaction score
I miss the music controls on the lockscreen as well.
+1 to the Liberty gold theme mixed with the gingerbread blue
I saw this on a photo from one of Bgill's old Linear theme screenshots... it was a power controls widget built into the pulldown bar.

I guess 2 of those 3 are more add on's or system related things vs "theme" things but oh well.

Nmayar

Reaction score
(4/29/10)
Liberty Customizer:

Random Thoughts:
- I don't like the font for 3G in the notification settings. 1-2 pixels too wide IMO.
- I really like the default Gingerbread look for a change. Being able to keep/change to it's notification bar color would be nice.

Not sure this is the right place to put this to be honest, buuut my only other option would be to make another thread.

I like what is above these options would be great. I do like the color scheme from the 0.3gb.

Alex K.

Reaction score
1. subtle elements from darkedge like the diagonal lines and microtheming as such should be added.

2. OPTION FOR PINK :D

3. App headers/thread headings/gmail header/gtalk headers blue

4. Browser isn't stock

5. Dialer/Contacts

6. Invert settings/gtalk/market/gmail. - uniformity is key - noticed default app background is black, settings items aren't transparent, they're white.. so short lists reveal gaudy backgrounds (wifi settings, data/battery settings)

7. Unlock sliders need aosp'ed.. actually the whole lockscreen bothers me.. a honeycomb theme or aosp clock.. Rotary?

8. System buttons seem flush with the surrounding backgrounds (next,cancel,ok)

9. No send button in messaging/default messaging notification icon still black.

10. Keyboard not themed/Keyboard suggestions green (figured they would be orange like GB keyboard)

11. Although not necessary, I think the calculator is long due for a makeover.

12. Icons not aosp, probably because the apps aren't yet.. The terminal emulator icon kills me however.

13. Oh! and liberty launcher isn't orange as before? (this is my first time on liberty, i just remember the orange)

14. Popup items not themed - still blue.

15. 3G and 1X icons are for sure annoying.

16. AOSP music app..

17. MORE special icons like the AOSP camera!

NOT THEME:

1. Remove crap apps and paper trails... (motogallery, accounts, battery saver (which is worthless with OC governors, and for those who don't know what those are, you should have never rooted..), downloads (when did that even get on blur?), blur setup) - enable fb contact sync.

2. 3G hotspot should be precracked or at least an option.. if not remove and include wifi for root. Much trickery here.

3. Better default music app/theme?

I remember your and xeu's work on darkedge when I was an OG Droid guy. If some of that can be brought back, the blacks, the sheer per-component density of each and every button and bar and background can be brought back. Amazingness.

Last edited:

Techno Droid

Reaction score
(4/29/10)
Liberty Customizer:

Random Thoughts:

Not sure this is the right place to put this to be honest, buuut my only other option would be to make another thread.

^^^ Good thoughts. Same boat as me. I like the black and gold look, but really would love to see some changes without applying themes. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.