LG V30 Used By Game Of Thrones Cinematographer In This Video Shoot!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-v30-hed-2017-1024x512-jpg.77926

If you wanted to know what kind of quality you can expect out of the LG V30 a video shot by Game Of Thrones Cinematographer David Franco shows us exactly what this phone's camera is capable of. Franco says that he rarely tugs around a DSLR when scouting for video shooting locations and instead uses his easy to carry smartphone so for him having a phone capable of recording high quality video is important. LG is pushing the V30 as being designed specifically for cinematography. With tools like Cine Video Mode which helps to give your videos that Cinema Color grading on the fly you should be able to get some great looking videos out of this camera. The main shooter has two lenses. The main lens is 16mp with f/1.6 aperture which really helps in low light situations as you can see in the video. You can find the full video at the link below.

via Adweek

Attachments

• lg-v30-hed-2017-1024x512.jpg
    lg-v30-hed-2017-1024x512.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,286

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not that impressed. The camera is only part of the art. You can give the same camera to an average joe and a professional cinematographer and you will get two very different results

Also, this video looks like it has a lot of post process work done.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the video does look good but he is a professional, you wouldn't expect anything less. Nothing to brag about though.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I think they're killing this phone by not releasing it right after the reveal. I wonder how many people have bought something else instead of waiting for this phone? As for the video being it's main selling point...I don't take videos with my phone...what else you got LG? :)

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I think they're killing this phone by not releasing it right after the reveal. I wonder how many people have bought something else instead of waiting for this phone? As for the video being it's main selling point...I don't take videos with my phone...what else you got LG? :)

I would have seriously considered purchasing it if it was released around the same time as the note 8. LG does this every year, with every release it seems.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. LG has done this year after year with their smartphones. They release them to tons of hype as kind of a "me too" when the others have phones to announce. Then we don't see them for weeks. I think this year it is worse because it seems like they have a deal to go live with sales after the Pixel 2 XL is announced.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. LG has done this year after year with their smartphones. They release them to tons of hype as kind of a "me too" when the others have phones to announce. Then we don't see them for weeks. I think this year it is worse because it seems like they have a deal to go live with sales after the Pixel 2 XL is announced.
There must be something to that. Look what's going to be available the day after the big Google unveil.

LG V30 available on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Oct. 5

Sent from my ZenPad using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't understand their approach... really baffling. I will still stick to paying more for a Pixel XL than pick this up at $800... If you released it sooner would sell more phones IMO

Sent using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suspect there was some serious arm twisting from the Google Overlords involved with LG's delay.