LG V10 Now Available on Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-v10-verizon.jpg

The hot new LG V10 is now available on Big Red's network. Verizon just put the new flagship smartphone for sale on their website. The phone is available for $28 per month with a payment plan, or you can purchase it full retail for $672. It only comes in white or black on Verizon, so keep that in mind.

Here's a refresh of its outstanding feature highlights:
  • 5.7-inch QHD display - with secondary tiny display for notifications
  • Snapdragon 808 processor
  • 16MP rear camera with OIS
  • 3000mAh removable battery
  • 64GB of storage and micro SD support
The LG V10 also includes steel pillars along its sides adding durability - there is also a Dura Guard protection around the rest of the casing. It's obviously nothing as robust as that found in the new Droid Turbo 2, but it should prove useful regardless.

Here's a link to Verizon's site to order yours: LG V10 | Verizon Wireless

Here's our dedicated section for further discussion: LG V10 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
sanpdragon 808 huh?

my only question is will there be root... the answer, probably not.

nexus 6p still looks better IMHO

edit: I looked at the device on verizon and the device looks really nice. I'll have to go play with it, but I'm still thinking it's gonna be the 6p

Last edited:

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm still debating between this, 5x and G4. I'm an LG fan with both G2 and G3 but I've seen some other reviews and they're saying that there's a delay between the second screen coming from the pocket and using the fingerprint scanner which doesn't work like the nexus models on the fly the second screen must be on in order for it to work. I'd get a nexus but camera is important to me. I need to get decent detail and the 5x might not cut it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So...this is a phone with the turbo g1's processor..the tiny display for alerts..and a 3k Mah battery..OK...hmmm

boidsonly

Reaction score
I'm going down to T-Mo tomorrow to look at this. It would be a first for me; never had an LG phone....

recDNA

Reaction score
Is 3000 mah battery enough for such a big phone with 2 displays?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Is 3000 mah battery enough for such a big phone with 2 displays?

So far, battery life seems average to me...it seems to be in the same range as my Note 5 but I know it varies for everyone as it depends on how you use your phone, how it is set up, etc...the phone does have quick charge capabilities and a removable battery.

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
When i charged my phone at 21% it took 38min to get to 100% batt life. Really nice quick charge

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So far, battery life seems average to me...it seems to be in the same range as my Note 5 but I know it varies for everyone as it depends on how you use your phone, how it is set up, etc...the phone does have quick charge capabilities and a removable battery.
You have one if these too D? You have more phones than anyone else I know! :D

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You have one if these too D? You have more phones than anyone else I know! :D

Yes, was able to pick it up on Friday - really do enjoy LG devices and I like the V10 especially for the screen real estate and the 2nd screen is pretty cool (although the Note Edge possibly has it beat on true functionality but the V10 is much better than the S6 Edge or S6 Edge + with the edge screen functions IMO)....the phone is fast and seems to handle the multi-tasking better than the G4 which could also be difference in RAM on each devices...side by side with my Note 5, there is no stuttering with the V10 but there would be a little here and there on the G4...overall pleased thus far.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, was able to pick it up on Friday - really do enjoy LG devices and I like the V10 especially for the screen real estate and the 2nd screen is pretty cool (although the Note Edge possibly has it beat on true functionality but the V10 is much better than the S6 Edge or S6 Edge + with the edge screen functions IMO)....the phone is fast and seems to handle the multi-tasking better than the G4 which could also be difference in RAM on each devices...side by side with my Note 5, there is no stuttering with the V10 but there would be a little here and there on the G4...overall pleased thus far.
I'm interested in knowing how it compares to the 6p and I'm interested in seeing if it gets root {unlikely}

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I'm interested in knowing how it compares to the 6p and I'm interested in seeing if it gets root {unlikely}

I will be very surprised if the VZW variant of the LG V10 will see a full fledged root although I know @ggrant3876 has the TMo version and there is root/unofficial TWRP available or in the works for it.

I do have the 6P on order from Huawei (I wanted the 128 gb version so I cancelled the 64 gb I ordered from the Play Store) and am curious how it stacks up against it as well.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be very surprised if the VZW variant of the LG V10 will see a full fledged root although I know @ggrant3876 has the TMo version and there is root/unofficial TWRP available or in the works for it.

I do have the 6P on order from Huawei (I wanted the 128 gb version so I cancelled the 64 gb I ordered from the Play Store) and am curious how it stacks up against it as well.
regardless of whatever I get next it'll at least have better battery life than this
uploadfromtaptalk1446734658402.png
uploadfromtaptalk1446734665491.png

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My buddy here at work loves the V10 and he just came from the G4 ..and definitely better than s6+ edge apps.. Lol

S6E+ tapatalk