LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge

stinkyjak

Reaction score
Please help... LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge

Can someone please break down the ups and downs of the LG Revolution vs Samsung Droid Charge, what device they like better and why?

Where is the Rev better. Where is the Charge better.

~thanks

How much better is the Charge's display over the Rev?

Do the 900 benchmark scores of the Charge really fall that far behind the 2000 scores of the Rev?

Can the Bing apps be removed without breaking the phone?

Is the Charge DLNA certified and does it matter?

Is the Charge bootloader unlocked?

Does the charge have the same 3.5-millimeter audio jack as the Rev?

If I wanted to phone to watch movies, steam movies to TV over HDMI, play games and text what phone would you chose between the two?

Last edited:

diverbelow

Reaction score
I have the Charge and been loving it. Here is my answers to your questions:
How much better is the Charge's display over the Rev?
I have not seen the Rev screen, but the Charge screen stands out from other phones I've seen. Also, in direct sunlight I can see my screen.

Do the 900 benchmark scores of the Charge really fall that far behind the 2000 scores of the Rev?
Well, for getting quadrant score of 900, it is very snappy and if you switch to a different launcher, my battery life has doubled and no lagging. When I was using TW it was lagging. I am currently running the voodoo lag fix, and I my quadrant score is 1596

Can the Bing apps be removed without breaking the phone?
Yes, if you root the phone

Is the Charge DLNA certified and does it matter?
I think it depends on the user

Is the Charge bootloader unlocked?
unknown

Does the charge have the same 3.5-millimeter audio jack as the Rev?
I know it has a 3.5mm jack.

If I wanted to phone to watch movies, steam movies to TV over HDMI, play games and text what phone would you chose between the two?
Certain apps will only work on the phone and not over HDMI, unless there is an app that will allow that.

jimmerz

Reaction score
I heard the bootloader is unlocked.

I found one thing that is a little annoying. The positioning of the usb port. I have the case/holder with a built in kick stand. If i am watching videos or a movie the phone has to be laying on the left side facing...which is where the usb will be, lol...grrr Why couldnt they put it on top or bottom?

I have also not been able how to keep the screen on while charging, which is a pain if you are listening to music or driving and you need to power on then slide lock before you can access a screen.

Other than that I have loved the phone (all 2 days of it) :)