Silver Member
Reaction score
I would go with the LG, myself.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
Unless Amazon further discounts the LG Revolution tomorrow (as is rumored... we'll just have to see), I'm going to buy my phone at Best Buy using their price-match policy to price-match the best deals I'm seeing, which are for Walmart. Wal-Mart Connection Center
I'm seeing the X2 for $149 and Revolution for $179!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I was all for the dx2 but beware. Go try it out in store first. I did and the new pentile display is seriously flawed. Very dithered and pixelated.

I talked alot of trash abour the revo, but my opinion has improved about it. Although the processor is single core, it flies...its fast! That makes up for alot of its short comings. But still bing is horrible.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
Yeah, the X2 pentile wasn't my favorite display.

CutterStark

Reaction score
Verizon Pushing X2

When I was in the store, I was all ready to buy the thunderbolt, didn't know the Revolution was on sale yet. Salespeople seemed to be steering people towards the X2, but I got the feeling it was to get rid of their inventory while they still could. Coming off a Droid, I find the Revolution plenty fast and the 4G much faster (in SF Bay Area). So I went with 4G (compare panning the maps with the satellite layer). The Revolution also has a front facing camera. Couldn't find any info on RAM. The dual core processor on the X2 is noticeably faster than the Revolution, but as I said, the Revolution is plenty fast. I forced myself on a budget, so I skipped the Charge.

Currently you have more root/custom ROM options with the X2. But the updated root instructions for the Revolution work (LG Revolution - RootzWiki)

Eric

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
Update:
Today was going to be the day. I was torn between the LG Revolution and the HTC Thunderbolt. I went to Best Buy for their price-matching, 30-day phone exchange period, and great customer service.

I just got home with my new HTC Thunderbolt and am excited to get to know it! It already has received an update and I'm hopeful to join the ranks of the many Thunderbolt owners on this site who rave about the phone and experience great performance. Plus, If my phone were to be one of the "lemons" that experienced the known issues, I'm thrilled to have 30-days to trade it for another model or the same. I also couldn't be happier with how the price matching worked out... I got it for an Amazing deal. dancedroid

It was pretty darn funny at the store, though! From the research I'd done over the last couple of weeks, even though I've not owned a smartphone before, I was very well informed when going into the store and ended up teaching the new trainee some things, and correcting one of their posted specs. ha!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Let us know how you make out with it and if you experience any of the known problems. HTC sense is an awesome interface.

Sent from my fascinate

kparks

Reaction score
Sweet... Now get to downloading them apps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sir2545

Reaction score
For those of you who know about phones with Bing, can we still use Google apps like voice search and the search widget. As long as I can get by until its rooted, im considering returning the Charge for it. This thing desperately needs more ram. I have no widgets on my him screen and only two pages of apps and the screen still lags. It just isn't smooth.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Revolution and Charge both have the same amount of ram - 512mb (with like 368 of it available for apps). I wrote to LG about the Ram and they verified that it only had 512mb. Read this review LG Revolution Review - Phone Arena

I had Bing on my unrooted Fascinate and it totally sux. You can download Google Apps but, things will always default to Bing. This phone would definitely need to be rooted. I have decided against the Revo myself. I think that the Charge is the only decent 4g phone out now IMO, but I am going to wait to see what else comes out.

Last edited:

sir2545

Reaction score
I thought the Revo had more RAM than that. The quadrant scores are great, and they beat the Tbolt. The Tbolt kicks a Charges ass in Quadrant also. Don't know if that really means anything?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Charge has such a low quadrant because the hummingbird processors work in a different way than the other processors Lagfix, Galaxy S Lagfix that work | Project Voodoo, Galaxy S improvements ... it doesn't necessarily mean that it is slow. Quadrant is not a good indicator of speed on certain Samsung devices. Real world use is the best indicator of speed. The snapdragon processor in the LG is definitely faster then the hummingbird in the Charge though.

On the Ram. Verizon has been advertising it as 768mb which according to LG customer service, Droid Life and other sources is not true. It actually has 512. But there is no doubt that the snapdragon processor in the LG is fast. I urge one to go to the VZW store themselves and run their own quadrants and test both phones out. Download the app Elixir to display system info on each device.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was seriously considering the LG but after further investigation I am not because of reported issues on the device with...Bing, Battery Issues, low 4g signal strength, Bulk/Thickness, lower ram than advertised, Issue with phone not booting up after 4g/3g switching and some negative reviews from the web.

Jeremyt41

Reaction score
I'm loving my Droid X2. Battery life is outstanding. Lasts about 12 hours which is great for smartphones. Also the dual-core is killer for gaming and just moving around in the phone. Of course no 4G but i'm loving it.