Just gotta vent about LG

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
It does tick all the boxes. My only complaint with LG are the updates. Other than that they make a great phone. That's why I said they made me buy it. It has everything I wanted. From what I understand they updated and lightened the UI. It's more vanilla Android than before which is always good. I'm really looking forward to it. My wife said it arrived but I'm at work so I gotta wait. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get up and running for a few days.
I've had several LG's over the years, just curious did you get the dual screen or is that the only way they come?

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've had several LG's over the years, just curious did you get the dual screen or is that the only way they come?
No I didn't. I tried to see myself using it but it's not practical for me. With T-Mo it's $100 extra and I really don't need it and it makes it too bulky and heavy to carry around in my pocket. If I want a bigger screen, I got a tablet.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm late into day 2 and the battery life is fantastic. I've been at work the past two days and my phone sits in my rolling tool box in the middle of a concrete and steel building while I'm not using it. My G7 would be around 30 percent at the end of one day. I'm an hour away from the end of my second day. Being in here drains the battery faster because it's always looking for a signal. On a normal day my G7 had about 60 percent left. So that puts this in perspective. I love this phone. I have no doubt that I could make it into a third day at home once I get everything set up and stop messing with it.

I do miss the floating bar but I just went back to pie control to solve that issue. I'm trying the LG keyboard instead of G-board. Not sure if I like it or not. Gotta give it time to learn my swiping.

Overall it's a great phone but I forgot how much of a pain it is to set up a new phone. It's not that much larger than the G7. It's comfortable to use and definitely has a premium feel to it. Haven't really tried the camera yet.

That's it for now. I'll update this later if anything else comes to mind.

Screenshot_20200621-180634.png

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm late into day 2 and the battery life is fantastic. I've been at work the past two days and my phone sits in my rolling tool box in the middle of a concrete and steel building while I'm not using it. My G7 would be around 30 percent at the end of one day. I'm an hour away from the end of my second day. Being in here drains the battery faster because it's always looking for a signal. On a normal day my G7 had about 60 percent left. So that puts this in perspective. I love this phone. I have no doubt that I could make it into a third day at home once I get everything set up and stop messing with it.

I do miss the floating bar but I just went back to pie control to solve that issue. I'm trying the LG keyboard instead of G-board. Not sure if I like it or not. Gotta give it time to learn my swiping.

Overall it's a great phone but I forgot how much of a pain it is to set up a new phone. It's not that much larger than the G7. It's comfortable to use and definitely has a premium feel to it. Haven't really tried the camera yet.

That's it for now. I'll update this later if anything else comes to mind.

View attachment 78735
Awesome news so far ...keep running it through the paces...what case did you pick up ?

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Awesome news so far ...keep running it through the paces...what case did you pick up ?
For now just a cheap clear one.
https://www.amazon.com/PULEN-LG-G9-...eywords=clear+v60+case&qid=1592791137&sr=8-16
Looking for a hard shell with a belt clip holster like my Encased for my G7 but they don't make them for the V60. All the belt clip ones on Amazon are too bulky or cheap junk so I'll get by with this one for now.

15 more minutes and I'll have 9 hours screen on time and 40 hours and 30 minutes total time on with 16 percent left. Not to shabby. I can get used to this.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Here the final battery stat of the night. I'm impressed.
Screenshot_20200621-230654.png