Need Advice about switching from Verizon to T-Mobile

jan8et

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid X phone which is over 3 years old. It is time to bury it. I have always been with Verizon and currently still have my unlimited data. I am month to month with them. I want to get the LG G2. The only way to do this and stay with Verizon is to buy full retail. I was looking into T-Mobile. They have an unlimited talk, text and data plan. I could pay for the new phone over 24 months and it would still be cheaper than what I am paying Verizon now.

Anyone have experience with T-Mobile to share? Also, I have been using FoxFi to make my phone a mobile hotspot. I've seen that this could be an issue with the LG G2. There is a thread about how to get around this so I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

Thanks

dasanman69

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid X phone which is over 3 years old. It is time to bury it. I have always been with Verizon and currently still have my unlimited data. I am month to month with them. I want to get the LG G2. The only way to do this and stay with Verizon is to buy full retail. I was looking into T-Mobile. They have an unlimited talk, text and data plan. I could pay for the new phone over 24 months and it would still be cheaper than what I am paying Verizon now.

Anyone have experience with T-Mobile to share? Also, I have been using FoxFi to make my phone a mobile hotspot. I've seen that this could be an issue with the LG G2. There is a thread about how to get around this so I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

Thanks

I don't think that you'll be able to use FoxFi on T-Mobile. With a 4G unlimited data plan you get a 5GB tethering plan.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Their unlimited is on their towers, if you utilize another carriers towers, watch out. Read their fine print.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
T -Mobile works fine for me. Also they have really enhanced their network. The previous poster is correct about using T-Mobile towers though as far as data use.

Caesars

Reaction score
I would highly encourage you to check the coverage at tmobiles website. If it works where you live/places you visit often it's a no brainer :)

Note 3 ~ 5s