LG Revolution or Droid X2?

rawr33

Reaction score
I'm ready to make the leap from malfunctioning dumb phone to awesome new Android phone. So, I've been reading the forums and you guys are great. I can barely wait any longer to get an Android device and am trying to make a decision this week.

I like that the LG Revolution has all the bells and whistles, as I live in an area with 4g. I like that the Droid X-squared sounds like a really solid device with great performance and good battery life. I'd like a screen at least 4".

Dislikes:
I just don't like the HTC Thunderbolt (known issues and don't love the form) or the Charge (don't love the screen and really don't like the form). The Incredible 2 has a speakerphone that is inadequate for me.

Snow02

Reaction score
If you live in a 4G area I don't think there should even be a question.

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
I'd LOVE to hear people's reasoning behind their votes! I'm pretty torn between these two devices.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Revo has horrible specs. It is a disappointment to the android family.

ironick7

Reaction score
Revolution is also a Bing UI and not Google. That loses points IMO.

Last edited:
OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score

What about the specs seems horrible? While I'm computer savvy, I'm not yet smartphone savvy. What would you recommend instead?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cons of the revo...

TFT display, low ram, single core processor, android 2.2, 5 megapixel camera- everything you can find in phones that were released last summer (droid x, d2, fascinate(better screen than revo), inc2).

Bing and lots of bloatware. My fascinate came with both. Bing doesnt work properly and I had to unlock/root my phone to get rid of it.

The only pros of this phone are 4g, wireless charging and talk+data.

If one needs a 4g phone I would say the droid Charge has all the specs this phone has + alot more.

If one doesnt need 4g..the droid x, x2, d2g, fascinate, inc2 are all the same if not better than the revo.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

What about the specs seems horrible? While I'm computer savvy, I'm not yet smartphone savvy. What would you recommend instead?

I must add don't let anyone here talk you into a phone. We can give you input based on our experiences but everyones needs are different. I recommend researching multiple sites (droid life, engadget, phonearena,etc) and testing them out in store multiple times, without a salespersons input.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
Cons of the revo...

TFT display, low ram, single core processor, android 2.2, 5 megapixel camera- everything you can find in phones that were released last summer (droid x, d2, fascinate(better screen than revo), inc2).

I'm not seeing the ram specs. I think the Revolution has 512; what does the X2 have?

Bing and lots of bloatware. My fascinate came with both. Bing doesnt work properly and I had to unlock/root my phone to get rid of it.

The only pros of this phone are 4g, wireless charging and talk+data.

4G sounds nice; I've only played on smart phones a bit, so I don't have much perspective on how fast 3G really is. Input?

Talk plus data sounds pretty nice; when I was testing a phone a while ago, I thought it would be cool to have that feature. How's the X2 for bloatware? I can't stand Blockbuster at all. I'm starting to feel like I have 'no choice' but to root if I want to avoid both bing and blockbuster... :(

If one needs a 4g phone I would say the droid Charge has all the specs this phone has + alot more.

If one doesnt need 4g..the droid x, x2, d2g, fascinate, inc2 are all the same if not better than the revo.

Sent from my fascinate

The Charge has a form that I so strongly dislike that I can't see myself carrying it around for 2 years (plus, I'm not a fan of what the display does to embellish colors; give me real-life color, please). While I've only seen pictures, I really like the look of the Revolution. The X2 looks okay.

ARAGH. Decisions... hmmm...

I do want a solid device. If the X2 is solid and the Revolution were to be flaky, that would make this a simpler decision...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its a hard decision. I say wait til there are more reviews on both. You are right, both have bloatware and 512 ram. Bing being the worst of bloatware. I would think the revo would need to be rooted imo.

If you are in a 4g area it is nice. You can get download speeds up to 10mbs I believe. In my area it is about 5mbs. 3g is around 1mbs.

I agree the revo does look better than x2, but x2 has physical buttons.

For me at this point I personally want 4g because the speed is awesome, but I am not really happy with vzws line up of 4g phones. 3g isnt slow though and can always get the job done.

Sent from my fascinate

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I pictured what phone would last me longer and I think the x2 will. I could care less about 4g right now, it's not going to be in my hometown til at least December.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to correct my statements I made earlier about the Revo. I believe there is more ram than I had thought. It definitely improves my view on the phone. It also seem easy enough to root. I am going to check it out in store this weekend.

kparks

Reaction score
i would go with the LG hands down LTE is awesome the battery will be good. great processor the same one thats in the TBOLT 16GB internal memory.. the camera will be fine the megapixels mean nothing as long as it has a good lens and it looks SWEET the X2 is just a X with a new processor and that processor is not even that impressive and there are very few things that it would even be needed for. so my vote is for the LG

kparks

Reaction score
U get a phone yet lol hurry up u takin forever!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
R

rawr33

Reaction score
U get a phone yet lol hurry up u takin forever!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Lol... soon, so soon! I want to see if prices drop again on Amazon on Monday as has been rumored... I did spend a lot of time comparing the Revolution to the X2 at a Verizon store today.

LG seemed slightly less responsive and had poorer quality when streaming a cnn.com video, but did fine with the other two (youtube and vimeo) I tried. The FFC is so unflattering that I don't think I'll ever use it. Oh, and that LG phone spontaneously rebooted at least once. The sales guy said that's not uncommon because shoppers can be hard and ungentle with the phones. I wasn't crazy about the X2 pentile display, but noticed that when scrolling a page of text quickly, the Revolution's display jumbled the pixels oddly (looked glitchy). Oh, the default bing is an annoyance.

I think I could be happy with either phone, so the winner is not yet clear to me. :S