LG Optimus 2X Official

CKD2

Reaction score
This phone looks amazing! Great job by LG. I just got my D2 so it will prob be a while till I grab a dual/quad core phone.
Ill def be watching ALL the videos to make sure I pick the best one.
This just keeps getting more exciting. Good time to be rich!

GT944

Reaction score
Haha, spoke before I did my homework - checked into it some more after I shot that out and found a couple articles mentioning the same thing.

Sent from my ADR6300

UNC

Reaction score
Suddenly my Droid X doesn't seem so cool and hip anymore. Damnit to hell, I hate this industry sometimes....

Sorry, but we've known the dual-cores and LTE were around the corner since before the X launched.... I held out.

bastosero

Reaction score
I'm still not too crazy about the UI on it, but the hardware...it's just so tempting. LOL :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

rybnik

Reaction score
Yes it will

CK, do you know if this will be out before the Etna is or after (on Verizon)
No I don't rybnik. If I were a betting man though I would say that it will be released before the Etna.

Videos and all the leaks are a pretty good indication it will be out "soon"

I think we will see a January release.

That would be so incredibly beyond awesome. If that were the case I think this just might be the phone I get.....although I don't look forwards to paying LTE prices right away..I'm not quite close enough to one of the roll out areas..Oh well, 3G works great here.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
rybnik you will be purchasing a great handset no doubt. I cant wait to get my hands on the actual hardware. I think they will build a great device. They have grown into a stellar company in my opinion.

I think they will put out some great handsets in the years to come.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Suddenly my Droid X doesn't seem so cool and hip anymore. Damnit to hell, I hate this industry sometimes....

Sorry, but we've known the dual-cores and LTE were around the corner since before the X launched.... I held out.

True, thats why many of us didn't get the X. Its was just marginal upgrade to what was already out.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
MAN, I was just getting ready to buy the galaxy S, BUT NOW I might wait it out for this to hit home!!!

Reaction score
Now the question is this or the Etna?

CK what phone would you rather have? Im up for my 1 year upgrade and I have been waiting for the "Superphone" which we now know is the Etna for sometime but this phone is impressive as well. If this comes out in Jan and the Etna is supposed to VZW in Feb/March what would you do if you were in my shoes?

UNC

Reaction score
If you make TVs and phones I won't buy either from you. Samsung and Sony have both sold me craptastic phones in the past...

My MotoDroid on the other hand....

creaky

Reaction score
Which dual-core phone?

Now the question is this or the Etna?

CK what phone would you rather have? Im up for my 1 year upgrade and I have been waiting for the "Superphone" which we now know is the Etna for sometime but this phone is impressive as well. If this comes out in Jan and the Etna is supposed to VZW in Feb/March what would you do if you were in my shoes?

I wouldn't presume to be nearly as knowledgeable as CK but I'm in the same position as you (been sitting on an update since August) and am ready to pull the trigger. VZW best serves my needs as a network so I'm sticking with them.

Right now the Etna is at the top of my list. Moto has hit home runs with Android and their build quality is excellent. While I work in LTE-graced NYC, I live in a rural area with spotty reception. So, Moto's radios being more powerful than most makes their phones a plus for me. It was also rumored that this would be a global phone, another plus -- if it is true. It would be very hard to wait for this phone until March, however.

LG Optimus 2x looks like a great phone too. I've never owned an LG phone so I can't say much about them but if I can't hold out forever for the Etna then I'll be getting this. Build quality looks solid.

The Samsung Stealth is interesting, and has the possibility of vanilla Android, which is very attractive. I don't like Samsung's plasticy build quality and if it's like the Nexus S you can't add micro SD cards. That's a minus.

Then there's the fabled Scorpion/Mecha/Incredible HD. Maybe they're all the same phone, maybe they're different, who knows? I have tended not to like HTC phones that I've demoed, and I understand their radios are weaker than the Moto phones. The leaked photo was beautiful but who knows what this device will end up being. Plus, HTC's CEO said that there would be no LTE phones until mid 2011. Way too long to wait. I was excited about this is November and now the thrill is gone.

Anyway, just my $.02. If anyone has additional opinions about this (or corrections to the above) I'd welcome them.