[Leak/Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S III Details

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
samsung.png

The Galaxy S II is just making it over here to America, but it seems the Galaxy S III is already on Samsung's mind. The device that will follow Samsung's Smash hit in the Galaxy line of phones will be called the Galaxy S III and some guy is claiming to have inside info on the device's specs. The guy that shared these specs below also gave us inside info about the Nexus Prime, bit still consider this a rumor at this point that we should take with a grain of salt.

The specs below are quite amazing, and actually very possible.
  • Quad-core 2.0GHz processor.
  • 1.5GB RAM, expandable memory with 32GB built-in.
  • 4.65-inch Super AMOLED III display developed specially for this phone with an odd 1280 x 1024 resolution, which will give it a pixel density of 352-PPI, the highest on a smartphone so far.
  • 10 megapixel camera capable of recording 1080p videos at 60fps.
  • Metal body with 9mm thickness and a 2,250mAh battery.
  • Built-in NFC.
The device will be running on Ice Cream Sandwich with a TouchWiz 5 on top. This new version of TouchWiz will be a bit different from the current versions wherein it won't be as comprehensive and will feature only minor changes to the OS. This will allow Samsung to provide quicker software updates in the future.
Samsung is planning to announce the device at MWC 2012 with a worldwide release planned sometime in mid-2012.

Now looking at all the possible changes, I can't help but wonder what Samsung will do new as far as design goes. The Galaxy S II is one sexy beast of a phone, I mean it is only 8.5mm thick, and I'm not sure how Samsung can top that, but I guess we will find out soon.

Share your thoughts below.

Via: GSMArena

Last edited by a moderator:

ExodusC

Reaction score
What? 1280x1024 is a 5:4 aspect ratio- it's practically a square.

I don't believe it on that basis. It really would be an almost square screen on a phone.

These seem like made up specs for a next generation device, based off what we've seen going from the last generation to the current...

hayjude99

Reaction score
Really? REALLY?!

I was holding out for the Bionic, then the GSII, and now the Nexus/Droid Prime nonsense, but THEN THIS?! Even though its probably fake due to the screen ratio a 2GHz Quad core makes me salivate. Just the reminder that something like this will be coming out after I'm trapped in my 2 year contract makes me sadface.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unless you care about gaming, what good is all that power, really? It's overkill for the vast majority of smartphone needs/uses, while still being a bit light as a "mini" pc to plug into a monitor and keyboard. Quad-core 2ghz might cut it, but with only 1.5gigs of ram that would be underpowered for much more than surfing.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Lol what do you need 4 cores on a phone for?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Abadus

Reaction score
Biggest problem is when it comes out everyone will still complain it is old news...... 4 cores? I want the 8 core bla bla bla.

RockXP

Reaction score
Who cares if G III is coming out. We all know Verizon wont pick it up.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who cares if G III is coming out. We all know Verizon wont pick it up.

But then they will tell us it is because of the Droid Double Prime is coming out... If the Droid Prime has speed, I guess that means the Droid Double Prime will have acceleration?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Quad core is supposed to be able to really increase battery life by being able to run each core seperately with low processing power, instead of making one or two cored run at 50%+ and eating more battery life. yes, gaming will do very good on it, but battery life increases too.