[RUMOR] Samsung Galaxy S III to Come In At a Svelte 7mm

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sgs3_2.jpeg

The Samsung Galaxy S III rumors continue to swirl around the internet and they never disappoint. According to South Korean Sources, ETNews.com, The GSIII will launch May 12, 2012 and be a super stunning 7mm thin. That's anorexic compared to it's predecessor, which came in at a "hefty" 8.49mm. This will all be achieved by Samsung's commitment to use 10 to 20% thinner components throughout the handset and a whittled down PCB. The company is not letting out any info on specs, but the Quad-Core rumors still persist. Consumers should expect the device to hit shelves running ICS, and sporting LTE radio's. The question on our minds, is if the device will ship with the larger battery Samsung has been talking about utilizing in their handsets.

Via: Slashgear

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would love to see a standard battery of at least 2000mAh. Also a 720p Super AMOLED+ screen would be a nice improvement. Oh a SoC die process or 32nm of smaller would be nice as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i don't quite get the point of super slim phones. they're fragile, not comfortable to hold and lack battery power to last through the day. when will the manufacturers get it that slimmer isn't always better, just look at razr.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
i don't quite get the point of super slim phones. they're fragile, not comfortable to hold and lack battery power to last through the day. when will the manufacturers get it that slimmer isn't always better, just look at razr.

I agree. i dont' want some inch think phone, but my original DroidX is just fine. I've held the Razr and it is too thin. I feel like I'm going to break the damn thing.