LauncherPro redraw issue and amount of icons on each screen

tu3218

Reaction score
I was wondering if the amount of icons on each screen would have an effect on the redraw issue of LaunchPro. All my screens(5) are completely filled an I'm wondering if I cleared them down some using app organizer, if I would experience less redraws. Anyone have any opinions on this an theres any correlation between the two?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
For shortcuts, no. Too many widgets, possibly. Also try disabling extra dock screens if you don't need them. Of course, three screens instead of 5 would help. Beyond that, play with the memory presets. Also take a look at other services and apps that attempt to always be running and decide if there's any you don't need.

foghorn67

Reaction score
I've been fighting with LauncherPro and ADWLauncher doing this. Happens with BB.04 and Cyanogen 6RC1.

RoyR80

Reaction score
I run 5 sreens 12 widgets, 8 short cut, and 2 folders(1 conatins 6, other has 9).
Memory settings in LP "low".
Prevent f-c, checked,
Droid/M.stone hack, checked.

i rarely have re-draw.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
If I'm running 2.2, then I shouldn't have the motorola droid hack checked correct? It says that is for 2.1 users. Or does it still help with users running 2.2?

RoyR80

Reaction score
If I'm running 2.2, then I shouldn't have the motorola droid hack checked correct? It says that is for 2.1 users. Or does it still help with users running 2.2?

Good question. Lol. I was just stateing my setup, that works, fir me. Sorry.

dakoop

Reaction score
I had redraw issues on only 3 screens with just a few widgets.

Yikes

dakoop

Reaction score
No pw here. I just went into memory and set it to high, redraw gone.

jphccfc

Reaction score
I've tried all settings and can't get rid of the redraw so annoying

jphccfc

Reaction score
Got it running at 1000 mhz and still no better spoke to the author of pure widgets and he said they had fixed the bug and it will be fixed in the next launcher pro release! Lets hope so

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Apps like Quickdesk and Widgetlocker, that ask to become your default home app, should also be looked at if you have them. The OS always gives your default home app the highest memory priority... so if your default is one of these other apps, you might get more redraws. I used to run both. Now I only have Widgetlocker and even though its helper is still my default home, I have reduced redraws a lot by optimizing other things and running the phone more or less lean and mean.