RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
So ok downloaded LP...how do you get plus because I am totally going to want to customize stuff once i figure out how the #(^$*$%&# to use it LOL

*EDIT* I got LP+ now i just gotta figure out how to customize stuff....any advice? or any widgets like already done i can download?
Also @jmorton10 - Awesome screen...how did you do that!?

Last edited:
OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Well, tried LauncherPro....its great but i dont know if i have the talent to create my own icons LOL SO I switched to ADW and made my phone all cute and girlie ;) Easy to do when you have premade icons and such....i am noticing a bit of lag time as some of you have said.

A little OT but what are you all using to take screen shots of your phones? Thanks!

xush

Reaction score
be sure to delete any widgets you had running on your original launcher layout, they're still running in the background if you didn't (this may be causing your lag).
If you DL and install "home switcher" you can easily switch back and forth between launchers to compare/configure.
There's also an "ADW Notifier" app you can DL if you like seeing missed call, email, or message notifications on your homescreen icons.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Thank you for the advice! i had widgets not only on the stock home but also on launcher pro...i removed all widgets. thank you! I did download home switcher which i think one of my DL recommended to easily switch if i wanted to thank you. YES i would love the notifier stuff....thanks so much! i missed my txt count on Handscent LOL will my icons stay the same they will just have a counter??

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
ok so NOW when i press and hold the home screens it wont pull up any menu options to place shortcuts on the screens....any advice.

xush

Reaction score
Glad to try to help, this place really helped me when trying to optimize my X.

The notifier just puts a little bubble with a number in it on your pre-existing icon. That was the only feature I missed from my Eris that the X couldn't seen to duplicate itself.

xush

Reaction score
ok so NOW when i press and hold the home screens it wont pull up any menu options to place shortcuts on the screens....any advice.

Are you getting any menu at all? If not, is the desktop locked? (hit menu key while on homescreen- do you have the option to lock or unlock the desktop?)

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
My new screen :) AND i love the notifier bubbles...now if i could just get them all to be the same pink color id be ok...too hard to guess LOL

Last edited:

xush

Reaction score
I usually lock my desktop, & my wife's, and unlock it when I want to change something. Otherwise, while getting used to ADW, we were constantly dragging the app tray off the dock, or accidentally deleting the phone dialer, etc- things it took a little research to figure how to undo at first.

Have you added pages yet?

Looking good!

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Oh yeah i have the one home page for things for our 1 1/2 year old daughter to play and the other page for pandora and wifi and bluetooth...stuff like that. I got rid of the status bar so i put the battery level on one page...anyone know of a widget or something that shows 3g status/reception bars?

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
More options

Although LPP and ADW are my favorites, Crazy Home and Zeam are pretty nice too. They are free, so it's worth checking them out too. There is a new launcher called "7". Haven't tried it yet, but it looks nice

jmorton10

Reaction score
Also @jmorton10 - Awesome screen...how did you do that!?

Pretty simple really.

Launcher Pro +, custom wallpaper, Jorte calendar, weather & toggle widget for the weather/clock, custom icons & dock background for the Launcher.

The phone is rooted, but all this will work without rooting & it absolutely flies (absolutely no lag whatever)

Feel free to PM me & I'll help you out in any way you want :)

~John

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am using Launcher Pro, how do you switch back to the original launcher (Blur) so I can delete any widgets on that desktop?