Koush Adds New Devices to ClockworkMod Touch Recovery Including TBolt, EVO 4G & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
clockwork-mod-touch-recovery-more-devices.png

Koush must have been working like gangbusters. He has already added support for a bunch more devices to his awesome ClockworkMod Touch Recovery app. On top of support for the Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/GSM) and Nexus S/S4G from previously, he added the following devices to the roster as well:
  • HTC EVO 4G
  • HTC EVO 3D (CDMA/GSM)
  • HTC Desire GSM
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • Motorola Atrix 4G
You can grab the new touch-enabled recoveries for free from ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries or acquire them directly from ROM Manager for $1.99 and support Koush's work.

I know we thank these guys all the time, but it can't be done enough as far as I am concerned; So, just to reiterate, thank the universe for Koush and all the hard-working devs in our community and every Android community. You guys are awesome!

Source: AndroidPolice and Google+ - Koushic Dutta

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweeeeet gonna try it out now :)

Evo 3D ftw ha

Edit:

Working well pretty cool much better than using the volume keys

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I kinda like the UI of TWRP 2.0 a little better, but I had to support Koush, he's an awesome dev. Glad he got the Tbolt working so quickly :)

jerroedr

Reaction score
Quick question, I downloaded it to my computer, now what? lol? Root a d1 2 years ago and forget everything u did to get there...

Batman8

Reaction score
ROM "NON"-Manager

Yeah, all that touch crap is fine but what about making RM work for the dam phones that are already out? I am a RM Premium user and bought this app years ago for my Droid 1 and it worked great. Since then however RM did nothing but COMPLETELY CRASH my Droid-X where I couldn't get it to work or boot up without doing a factory data reset which is always a last resort.

I emailed Koush many times and he STILL hasn't responded. I now have a Droid Bionic and RM doesn't work with it either!!! I have told Koush again, many times about the issues that his app causes which now is more trouble than not using it and he won't fix the problem nor FINALLY ANSWER ANY OF MY REQUESTS FOR HELP. When your device freezes up from a paid app, it doesn't get much worse and surely warrents at least a return email message (within the dam YEAR) to offer help after I PAID YOU.

So in my opinion he can keep the "touch" app and fix the dam thing so that I get my monies worth. Until then Koush is a ____ who has taken my money for a app that hasn't worked on my last 2 droids and he does NOTHING about it.

jerroedr

Reaction score
I would place some blame with motorolla for not unlocking their bootloaders. Its hard to have a working recovery with that locked.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Yeah, all that touch crap is fine but what about making RM work for the dam phones that are already out? I am a RM Premium user and bought this app years ago for my Droid 1 and it worked great. Since then however RM did nothing but COMPLETELY CRASH my Droid-X where I couldn't get it to work or boot up without doing a factory data reset which is always a last resort.

I emailed Koush many times and he STILL hasn't responded. I now have a Droid Bionic and RM doesn't work with it either!!! I have told Koush again, many times about the issues that his app causes which now is more trouble than not using it and he won't fix the problem nor FINALLY ANSWER ANY OF MY REQUESTS FOR HELP. When your device freezes up from a paid app, it doesn't get much worse and surely warrents at least a return email message (within the dam YEAR) to offer help after I PAID YOU.

So in my opinion he can keep the "touch" app and fix the dam thing so that I get my monies worth. Until then Koush is a ____ who has taken my money for a app that hasn't worked on my last 2 droids and he does NOTHING about it.

I'm a premium owner and It has never failed me, settle down...

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Quick question, I downloaded it to my computer, now what? lol? Root a d1 2 years ago and forget everything u did to get there...

You're gonna need the flash_image binary in /system/xbin not all roms have it if you don't i can get you a link to it we have it in boot manager as well anyway you'll just run the following command to flash the recovery

This assumes the recovery img is called "touchRecovery.img" and is at the root of your sdcard change the command accordingly

Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/touchRecovery.img

Let me know if you need any more help with that i'll be happy to help

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Just purchased the Market version. Want to support the developers!

Flashed and I am in recover now... it is AWESOME on the galaxy nexus, especially after having the issue of tapping the volume rocker and the old CWM recovery jumping down 2 or 3 items in the list and having to go up and down until it landed where you want!

jerroedr

Reaction score
You're gonna need the flash_image binary in /system/xbin not all roms have it if you don't i can get you a link to it we have it in boot manager as well anyway you'll just run the following command to flash the recovery

This assumes the recovery img is called "touchRecovery.img" and is at the root of your sdcard change the command accordingly

Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/touchRecovery.img

Let me know if you need any more help with that i'll be happy to help

so just drop it in my gnex "sd card" and with a terminal emulator program type that code and Im good to go? Im coming from an OG so things have changed a lot