Know it's way too early for complaints, BUT..what would you CHANGE on the Droid?

joegrind

Reaction score
Not much to NOT like about the Motorola Droid, but is there any one thing you wish there was? Or wasn't?
Me personally, the one thing that looks kinda tacky is the notorious G1 chin for the slider. It will probably seem more natural once I finally HOLD the phone, but that chin just looks out of place. Wish they had made it flush.
Your thoughts?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly the chin doesn't bother me. The only thing I'd really change right now would be the gold accents. They don't bother me like they do some people, but I think it would look a little better if they were some sort of titanium color. Or even a lighter aluminum color, but I think the darker titanium would fit the Droid's style a little better.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not much to NOT like about the Motorola Droid, but is there any one thing you wish there was? Or wasn't?
Me personally, the one thing that looks kinda tacky is the notorious G1 chin for the slider. It will probably seem more natural once I finally HOLD the phone, but that chin just looks out of place. Wish they had made it flush.
Your thoughts?

are you talking about the area on the bottom that has the verizon logo on it?

that was purposely left like that because all the radio's are there so they are able to get good signal and reception with no interference.

OP
joegrind

joegrind

Reaction score
are you talking about the area on the bottom that has the verizon logo on it?

that was purposely left like that because all the radio's are there so they are able to get good signal and reception with no interference.
Well I knew there must have been a functional reason, but if that was the only way they could get a good signal, clarity etc...that will work.
As for the gold accents, I like it...I just hope it doesn't start to peel off after the first month.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
And here I was thinking they left that there Just so Verizon would have a place to stamp their name on it and not effect the good looks of the Droid. I Like the way it looks. Why should it Look like the I-Don't phone, or any other phone out there. It is suppose to be different. I am so glad it is !!

afwoal

Reaction score
It would have been nice if they had put more then 256 mb of internal memory in it. It's going to really suck when the apps start getting bigger such as games.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I would change would make the phone alittle bigger and allow for 2 micro SD cards, one installed for internal only uses, and one for external only uses. Either way that's about it. It's not a big deal for me, but seeing as i dont really have another complaint i know of yet, that would be the only thing.

Yodes

Reaction score
It is a little early to say, I will need to actually hold one and use one, but the physical keyboard on there looks a little "meh" to me. Seems kinda cramped and like I would hit more than one button at a time. I wish they could have at least staggered the buttons from one row to the next.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It is a little early to say, I will need to actually hold one and use one, but the physical keyboard on there looks a little "meh" to me. Seems kinda cramped and like I would hit more than one button at a time. I wish they could have at least staggered the buttons from one row to the next.

theres always the on screen keyboard.... ;)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't lmpw that about the chin either. I also like the lookof the device, but i titanium finish would be cool also

Yodes

Reaction score

theres always the on screen keyboard.... ;)

True but if the case ends up being that the physical keyboard is no good, I may (pains me to say it) wait :icon_eek: for the rumored Motorola Droid minus the keyboard supposedly being released in early2010.

OP
joegrind

joegrind

Reaction score
I was having some doubts about going with the Droid since it's first generation and they'll come out with Vers. 2 (keyboard less? meh) only because I was holding out for LTE...my LG voyager on it's deathbed right now is leaving me no other options.

Droid II with LTE.....hmmmm...:hail:

moparharn

Reaction score
Does not voice dial with Ford SYNC

This is a major flaw in this phone for me. I want my hands free and do not want to be fumbling around for the phone and then having to push buttons while initiating a call on the hands free of SYNC. Why did they do this?:mad:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a major flaw in this phone for me. I want my hands free and do not want to be fumbling around for the phone and then having to push buttons while initiating a call on the hands free of SYNC. Why did they do this?:mad:
Are you sure? I just found this:
Android G1 and Ford Focus Microsoft Sync? - xda-developers

Edit: of course, that is the G1 and could be different but I'd assume the Droid would have the same (plus more) capabilities as the G1? I could be way off though.

JoeFresco

Reaction score
I haven't played with it yet, but I'm concerned the keyboard could have been more usable. I'd give up an mm or two to have a smarter keyboard design.