biggest droid defect and problem...and terrible motorola help experience

roadrash

Reaction score
Did you remove that sticker that comes on the back of the screen side? I've heard some folks complain about the slider being loose after removing that. I've left mine in place just for that reason....mine still takes some effort to slide.

OP
C

cleanman5

Reaction score
no. its not that kind of loose. when the phone is closed (with the keypad under screen) it makes a tapping sound everytime i touch it. the further left i go the worse it gets

jahtv98

Reaction score
I personally do not have that problem...but then again I dont use the slider at all. I have seen a couple of people with that problems though. Bad hardware? Maybe....you either put up with it or you dont. I dont think its a big deal (until the whole thing breaks)

OP
C

cleanman5

Reaction score
The point im trying to get across is that this is a 200 dollar phone. I personally think something should work RIGHT for that money. I mean look at the iphone. expensive, great phone, and GREAT build quality and durability

konstructa

Reaction score
Yea but mine does have "GREAT build quality and durability". There is something wrong with your SPECIFIC phone NOT all moto droids. My phone is almost to tight when I have a body glove on it. I now jut keep the top rubber rim with the bottom off . I would would go in person to to show someone. (unless you bought it online). I will post if mine ever comes loose but its rock solid now.

mjs31

Reaction score
hmmm..no issues here either. What screen issue are you also referring to? Love my droid, but I would exchange it if you are having these issues. For some reason people believe that everything made should be perfect. I have managed assembly lines and other types of manufacturing for many years and know there is a percentage of faulty products that do get through. Sucks that you happen to have one, but exchange it like you would anything else. No product has a 100% prefection rate out the door....this I guarentee.

calpilot7

Reaction score
well it was bought the day before christmas and this is my second droid for the same problem. Sorry about the paragraphs, i suck at writing essays, and im to lazy ha. but yeah ive had plenty of slider phones (all of them very cheap but made better) and this is the only one thats ever messed up on the slide issue. so im pissed that a $200 phone dosent work the way it should. I dont know what to do....and i have insurance, if the nexus comes to verizon can i get that somehow?

Verizon would go broke trying to cater to people like you. Who gives a crap about a slightly loose slider? OH NO!!! A scratch on my phone!!! If I had returned a phone once and was still unhappy with the replacement then I would probably take the hint and figure out that I should try a different model.
Idea.....go to T and get a nexus....it won't have the pesky slider to be worried about..the one that is way too slidey... I'm sure you could make up some fault with it too...maybe return it a couple of times...poor T.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i know its bad and hard to read. but if you do read it you will understand it when i say motorola has a horrible help line and they slack. all i want is my moneys worth without the hassle. Why dont some of you try and call and ask about the screen problem to see what they say
I think people have better things to do with their time than call Motorola over a problem they are not experiencing.

What you need to do is go into the VZW store where you bought it and ask them to exchange it out. Calling Motorola is not going to get you anywhere.

As with ANY device there will be a certain amount of them that have hardware issues. There is no getting around that and you cannot do anything about it.

What you CAN do is get yourself a good solid device. So go exchange it......

Good luck.

JamesX

Reaction score
Best to just call Verizon Wireless Customer Service/Technical Support to exchange it.

They will send you one right away. Taking it to a Store will most likely have them refuse to exchange it because it is "normal wear and tear" regardless of how new your DROID is.

crspang

Reaction score
Yeah, what you're describing seems to be some sort of defect. I carry mine naked most of the time except when I go out I use a belt clip, and mine doesn't make any sort of clicking sound.

uscjoel

Reaction score
try sticking a piece of clear tape on the bottom of the screen...problem solved! :icon_ banana:

HeroNova

Reaction score
I think I kind of get what you are talking about with the clicking of the screen. I've noticed a few times that when I press the back key, especially when the screen is slid open, it feels like it might be loose and has a tapping sound.

It is annoying but I wasn't sure if it was a problem or not so I just ignore it. I did drop my phone a few times. No physical damage but I guess it could have shook something loose.

I have a Seidio Innocase on it now and I don't really notice it anymore.

asmallchild

Reaction score
bought on the 27th, received on the 29th, its been perfect so far knock on wood

no loose keyboard keys, no loose sliding mechanism, no loose battery door, i'm lovin it!

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I don't have a loose slider at all... It seems like a hit or miss issue with people. Its most likely some kind of slight design flaw.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Echo3

Reaction score
Sounds like a defect. My slider is not loose and in fact, it is stiff. I bought mine the week before Christmas too from Verizon's website.

It could very well be a lot of people may be experiencing this, but like what most people said here that they are just dealing with it, that VZW and MOTO may not be aware of it as much as the DROID community. So if people who have loose sliders and no going to vzw/moto about this problem, they're gonna see it as not an issue since not a lot of people are reporting it as an issue.