Help!! Signal problems

holik91

Reaction score
ok i dont wanna make this long but theres alot to tell. I have the motorola droid and im running 2.2. I installed it the other night. Begining wednesday night i started having bad service. i tried sending texts and make calls and couldnt. i didnt have no bars or 3g for awhile. it did that for the rest of the week and got better at times. this morning i woke up with no service so i restarted my phone and it got better. I asked my 2 buddies of mine that have motorola droids to see if they have had the same problem and they have. so i ended up calling my local verizon store first. i told them and they said i was recieiving signals from old alltel towers. i was like wtf? so he said hes going to send an update to my phone to try and fix it and if it dont, to come up there and they will. so i waited and waited. nothing. My one buddie calls me and says he called *611 and they took him throiugh a process and they fixed his. so i called *611 and i ended up having to factory reset. really made me mad. i kept calm tho. We ended up not being able to activate it. so hes sending me a replacement and should be here by wednesday. Im so mad at this point but im still keeping calm. Im not the one to complain but should i go up to my local store and see if something can be done? thanks in advance.

S

SEGA

I'm kinda in the same boat after 2.2, I have been having really bad call quality, I mean to the point to were I just hang up and use text.

The call quality is like going through a tunnel, during a hurricane.

I honestly really can't compare it to anything, because I don't remember when a call sounded so crappy.

OP
H

holik91

Reaction score
well my friends dont have the 2.2 update they are still on 2.1.

S

SEGA

Just got of the phone with tech support, they reactivated my phone, they say after the update many people should consider doing so.

Right after I reactivated I got a call and it was clear.

They said that the 2.2 with Flash update is supposed to help with call quality, don't know how flash has anything to do with call quality, ut I told the tech on the phone that my update did not come with flash and I had to get a 10.1 beta of flash separate.

The tech also told me that they are still rolling out the 2.2 update.

OP
H

holik91

Reaction score
wow isnt that weird lol. the tech guy i was talking to couldnt get my phone activated and he told me 2.2 was gonna start coming out next week. and after i do the restore and get to the main screen i have 2.2? still cant get it activated.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe he meant they are going to flash your device with an update, as opposed to Adobe Flash.

Anyway, instead of factory resetting try dialing *228 and choosing option 2 to update the cell towers thingy. If that returns an error, try calling *228 again and choose option 1 to activate your phone.

OP
H

holik91

Reaction score
have already tried all that.. they both pass and says its actiavted but its not. idk i guess im glad im getting a replacement cuz this one is beat up

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, if *228 doesn't improve anything you could try starting up the phone in safe mode. This will temporarily disable any apps so your phone will be running very lean. If the problem still exists in safe mode, I would say the next step would be factory reset. If that still doesn't fix the problem, I'd return the phone.

S

SEGA

Almost forgot....

For their records and yours, 'after your done with a crappy call', like static and all, hit ### or #### and then SEND.

This marks that call as a problem call, and logs into their records, this way they can narrow out the problem.