Know it's way too early for complaints, BUT..what would you CHANGE on the Droid?

OP
joegrind

joegrind

Reaction score
I haven't played with it yet, but I'm concerned the keyboard could have been more usable. I'd give up an mm or two to have a smarter keyboard design.
I agree, the keyboard could have been designed a little better....but again this is 1st gen, so I'm not complaining too much. But that D-pad looks like it takes up 25% of the real estate and then there are blank/ dummy keys. Makes me think this was a holiday rush.

JoeFresco

Reaction score
Well, there is a prototype shot from July that looks almost identical. I think it was just a compromise for it to be so thin. Hopefully, I'll like it because I think it's the way I'm going to go. Sprint doesn't seem to have 3G here in Tuscaloosa, and their anymobile minutes only work on network (I sometimes travel for 1-2 months at a time), so I'm beginning to think the Moment just won't be an option for me.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
I know Apple WILL ALWAYS win the Form Factor war... ALWAYS... So for me to even think a Moto device will come close would be a stretch..

I've always liked Samsun devices and maybe they'll release an Android 2.0 phone.. If they do soon after this purchase.. I'll be ticked..

I wonder what this screen will cost to replace if cracked or broken.. Also hope the cases for it look pretty hip..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know Apple WILL ALWAYS win the Form Factor war... ALWAYS.

Unfortunately they won't always win. The reason they are where they are is because the ipod and itouch / iphone are their primary income. Of course they get a good revenue from laptops but their big money makers are the other. I would say give it 2 years, and apple will be knocked off the top, or whenever steve jobs leaves / dies. I know that sounds horrible, but when he left to get his treatment the stock at apple actually fell. Steve jobs holds that company together, no mater what people think. That company will fall without him around, he's the reason they are where they are.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
I said form factor.. As in looks.. Apple is above and beyond most competitors in looks alone.. I mean really.. They have the best "LOOKING" devices.. they are sleek, slim, colorful.. And always have trailblazed the new innovative "looking" devices.. it's just fact.. I'm not talking about hardware or processors or software.. I'm saying Apple looks the best and sets standards that most don't reach... Look at their laptops, mp3 players, phones, monitors.. and the wide array of chromatic looking colors.. I mean everything is sleek and slick.. You can tell they put a lot of effort into the "form" of their product as much as their function! And in my opnion won't be beat.. (Yes I agree about Jobs being the MAIN reason they are where they are.. And without him Epic Fail!)

Boxie is as Boxie does
-Moto

EDIT: Apple even goes all out on packaging.. Like did you see the Droid.. It's setting on top of a thin piece of paper.. Apple.. On the other hand.. packaged their iPhone with grade cardboard.. plastic mold embedded in wood.. LOL.. I mean just their packaging alone is better designed than mosts phones.. Sooooo thought I'd add that edit in there.. I know it wasn't wood.. but you clearly see a difference in how each handled it's packaging of their tier 1 phones...

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said form factor.. As in looks.. Apple is above and beyond most competitors in looks alone.. I mean really.. They have the best "LOOKING" devices.. they are sleek, slim, colorful.. And always have trailblazed the new innovative "looking" devices.. it's just fact.. I'm not talking about hardware or processors or software.. I'm saying Apple looks the best and sets standards that most don't reach... Look at their laptops, mp3 players, phones, monitors.. and the wide array of chromatic looking colors.. I mean everything is sleek and slick.. You can tell they put a lot of effort into the "form" of their product as much as their function! And in my opnion won't be beat.. (Yes I agree about Jobs being the MAIN reason they are where they are.. And without him Epic Fail!)

Boxie is as Boxie does
-Moto

well they are certainly pretty. if that is a concern, then the iphone is a good choice. frankly though, i don't put much stock in form over function..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually like the form/design of the Droid more than the iPhone :icon_eek:

dean.collins

Reaction score
Check out the form factor, keyboard layout and style of the touch pro 2 from ATT.

it's pretty much about perfect.

i'm probably getting a droid BUT i know it's ugly as sin and wish it looked different.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol so many people think its ugly but I actually REALLY like the looks of it and the idea of it being fairly heavy.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
i'm probably getting a droid BUT i know it's ugly as sin and wish it looked different.

Ditto

Cause it's what's under the hood that counts at this point.. Not the shiny new sleek futuristic chromatically brilliant brushed steel design that I'll be buying it for..

LOL:happy:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out the form factor, keyboard layout and style of the touch pro 2 from ATT.

it's pretty much about perfect.

I am one of the ones that actually likes the looks of it too. Though the Passion looks awesome as well

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
If what I read is correct, then there's no true voice dialing, so that I would change. It's one of the reasons I left the Pre as that was a pain in the but that I couldn't do that.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol so many people think its ugly but I actually REALLY like the looks of it and the idea of it being fairly heavy.

me too. i think it looks fantastic, and i want to KNOW its in my pocket by the heft.