Keyboard

420Man

Reaction score
Did you long press an input field and select "input method" from the window that pops up?

CAP201102091003.jpg

Last edited:

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm missing something stupid but I can't seem to get ultimate keyboard to work with liberty. Its selected as default keyboard under settings, yet I still get the gingerbread keyboard. I don't find any keyboard options in liberty settings either. My main reason for using ultimate is for the arrow keys for navigating website menus.

Droid X, Liberty RoM 1.0
I have a similar issue i cant switch out of swype and i want to try the gingerbread keyboard. you dont need another keyboard for the arrows since swype has them already. you just have to swype from the little hand to the sym key next to it and 'voila'(or "vuala" if you cant read french).

jchildress

Reaction score
Thanks 420, that worked great. The arrows didn't do what I wanted however. Is there a way to navigate drop down menus on websites when the choices go farther down than it shows?

Droid X, Liberty RoM 1.0

PTR_ICE

Reaction score
Took your advice and didn't find a way to "take off keyboard shortcuts". But realized it was using the quick launch and I just hit the search button (magnifying glass) and it turned that feature off. Works great again...haha. I have a Droid2 R2D2 running android v2.2 on Verizon.

Thanks for the help.

ICE

CanopicJar

Reaction score
In the process of testing out different launchers with the Note 2, I accidentally turned off Swype. When i turned Swype back on, it reverted to the normal Swype keyboard instead of the one with the row of independent number keys over the letter keys.

Anyone know how to get that back?

I am using Go Launcher by the way...

Travis

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That actually sounds like the Samsung stock keyboard - it has "swiftkey flow" installed which allows the swipe typing and has the row of numbers.

eric16l

Reaction score
Correct... The Note 2 comes with Swype and Samsung Keyboard installed. Both have 'swype' functionality. The default Samsung keyboard is the one with independant row of numbers at the top as well as 'SwiftKey Flow' style 'swyping'.

CanopicJar

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Is there an issue with Go Locker and Swiftkey functionality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Not that I have heard...however, if you have LED LightFlow installed from the market, it does break "swiftkey flow" on the stock keyboard (Samsung)...

CanopicJar

Reaction score
Not that I have heard...however, if you have LED LightFlow installed from the market, it does break "swiftkey flow" on the stock keyboard (Samsung)...

No, I don't have that installed, so that's not it.

CanopicJar

Reaction score
Well I uninstalled Go Locker and rebooted. Swiftkey Flow is still check marked but greyed out and not working. Frustrating!

jseah

Reaction score
As a last resort, maybe you can try doing a factory reset.

CanopicJar

Reaction score
Yeah... but i am not ready to admit defeat yet

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Do you have "talkback" enabled in Accessibility?

CanopicJar

Reaction score
I figured it out. The Cyrix theme for Go Launcher and the Go Launcher EX Notification were both causing the problem. One both are uninstalled, swiftkey flow function is restored.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Travis