keyboard doesnt work

tbl2604

Reaction score
sometimes when i try to text the letters are in lowercase letters rather than uppercase and then I'll try to type and the letter will light up like i type it but nothing appears in the message box. I have to close meassges and open many time before it works. Anyone else have this problem?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is your phone stock or rooted?
What app are you using? If it is not the stock on, uninstall and reinstall it.

I would recommend the following:

1. Remove battery for a minute or so, replace and reboot. If this doesn't solve the problem;
2. Try one of the replacement keyboards in the market.
3. Do a factory hard reset.
4. If none of the above works, take it to a factory Verizon store and show them the problem.

Software is covered by warranty too. Good luck.

OP
T

tbl2604

Reaction score
I have not done anything to the phone, I'm not using any aftermarkey keyboards either. I have turned the phone off then back on but it will still do the same thing sometimes. I did a factory reset last week for a different issue and this still happened.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have not done anything to the phone, I'm not using any aftermarket keyboards either. I have turned the phone off then back on but it will still do the same thing sometimes. I did a factory reset last week for a different issue and this still happened.

Well, I would try one of the aftermarket keyboards long enough to see if the problem goes away. That will help you determine if it's the keyboard (which I think it is) or the text program. Remember you can evaluate a paid app for 24 hours before being charged for it. Just remember to uninstall it before the 24 hours is up.

But either way, assuming you can duplicate the problem, I'd take it to a Verizon store tech or call Verizon customer service.

Good luck.