Texting Problem - jumps to top of conversation

babyletsgoxo

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before.. if it has, sorry.

Sometimes when I'm texting I'll be typing and the screen will jump to the very first message of whatever conversation I'm in, so then I'm still able to type but can't see what I'm typing. Then if I turn my phone to landscape, when I try to type it won't work. The letters will light up but it won't type. Then when I turn it back to portait, the conversation usually (but not always) jumps back to the bottom of the screen so I can see what I'm typing again.
This is really irritating and happens to me quite often, usually when I'm typing a long message. I don't know if it's a common issue?! I don't remember it happening the first few months I got my phone though.. I got it in July.

Jjayne

Reaction score
Same exact issue happens to me, i was thinking I was hitting a shortcut command or something

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

smtom

Reaction score
This is with the stock messaging app, or something other? Doesn't happen to me on stock messaging app. Were mms items restored from backup after flashing a new rom?

OP
B

babyletsgoxo

Reaction score
This is with the stock messaging app, or something other? Doesn't happen to me on stock messaging app. Were mms items restored from backup after flashing a new rom?

Yes it's with the stock messaging app. And no I don't believe so?

smtom

Reaction score
Okay. Maybe test to see by making a nandroid backup of your current setup, pick a rom to flash, wiping data, cache, dalvik, then boot the new rom, restore nothing from old setup, see if issue persists. If so, then idk, but if not, consider a re-flash and setup of your rom of choice and go from there.
If its still wonky on new rom, restore the backup and maybe try handcent or chomp and see if it acts up. You could try those first, actually.

duderanch11

Reaction score
I had the same problem, and i figured out the trick! when it jumps to the top, push the Search magnifying glass, and it will go back to the bottom of the thread, and you just have to tap inside the free text field to start typing again!

Rindahouse

Reaction score
Hi guys- I just got a Droid and I am having this problem a lot. The magnifying glass trick doesnt seem to work for me- did anyone ever find out how to get it back to the bottom of the conversation???
Thanks