Just Upgraded...

series70

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just upgraded from the OG Droid to the Rezound. It took me a while to decide on a phone because I frankly wasn't sure what to get in a sea of similar spec'd phones. I decided on the Rezound because of HTC's good reputation and the ability to unlock the Bootloader if I decide to root it like my Droid. I'm currently enjoying it the way it is, so I may not root at all, but 2 years is a long time so we'll see.

I live in a 4G LTE area that has full coverage unless I'm in a cinder block building with no windows. I set Data Roaming to "Allow Access For All Trips" and the signal is rock solid. I thought I was initially having the annoying network switching, but that adjustment seems to have solved that. I also opted for the extended battery right out of the gate, because I'm not always in an area where I have the opportunity to charge. As of right now, my phone has been on in 4G for 16 hours and 42 minutes with about 35-40% left. This is with voice calls accounting for 44% of battery use. This is also with me playing with it constantly and surfing the internet, tapatalk, facebook, GroupMe, NPR streaming, etc. I opted for the OEM Verizon screen protectors and they work fine for my needs. I also have the gel cover for the extended battery, and it fits pretty well.

Overall, I'm very happy with my choice. The call quality is wonderful, and the screen is great. I'm glad to be back on the boards with my new toy!

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made the wonderful decision to join our humble community. Welcome to the club.

olona

Reaction score
Sent from my Droid Rezound using DroidForums

Right on,These droids are so nice to have.I have had my Rezound the first day it came out and I can't be happier..I've had every Droid but since having the Incredable I've loved Htc phones..You can't beat the speed of this phone,I also have the extended battery and need the power because this phone is used constantly..It's nice having the option to remove the battery,sometimes I charge the stock one and then I have a back up if I know I'm not gonna be around a charger,I love this phone,I really think to date this phone is the fastest...most clear screen,most clear picture phone you can have,not to mention the sound when listening to music with the beats head phones...

cp24eva

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that this phone on many lists is not even top 10 or 20. Highly overlooked phone. But for obvious reasons the Razr makes the list.

olona

Reaction score
Sent from my Rezound
My friend has a Razr and it seems nice but you can't take out the battery,how crazy is that? Also his battery just doesn't last as long as mine..Seems to bulky also,when he has it in his pockets or hands it seems uncomfortable for to long.

andeejo

Reaction score
I have read alot in this forum, but this is the first I am hearing about a gel cover for the battery. What is this!

OP
S

series70

Reaction score
I have read alot in this forum, but this is the first I am hearing about a gel cover for the battery. What is this!

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The gel case is for the phone with an extended battery. The vast majority of the cases won't fit the phone with the extended battery since it comes with a different back that makes the phone thicker.

andeejo

Reaction score
duh! that totally makes sense. My bad! Im glad your liking the Rezound, cause Im on my third and 2 factory resets. Things are gooing good now. Knock on Wood!