Just ordered a D2G

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
Overnight shipping, in time for Christmas, looking forward to a white D2G for my girlfriend. She's been drooling over my original Droid all year, so it's time for her to step up her game and shame all her coworker's pathetic iPhones.

rage813

Reaction score
Have your charger ready at all times

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Don't worry about that too much I regularly get a full day out of my battery. Switch to fission as soon as you can though. Battery life its far better sans blur.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Bilgediver

Reaction score
A great accessory would be the extended battery. If you want to guarantee a white battery cover for the extended battery, buy the r2d2 extended battery w/ cover, its solid white with a black M logo in the center. The extended battery has approx 40% more capacity, easily be able to last all day even with moderate to heavy usage. Droid, Droid 2 and Droid 2 global all have the same battery, and the same slots for battery covers, so they will all fit on each other.

rage813

Reaction score
I get about 28 hours till i get to 30 percent with moderate use then i charge but this is after taking it back to verizon and getting a different battery i guess the first one was defective. Also im running stock i didnt root.

OP
fenriswolf039

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
Don't worry about that too much I regularly get a full day out of my battery. Switch to fission as soon as you can though. Battery life its far better sans blur.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I've no idea what "fission" is... please educate me.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Fission is a custom ROM, like customized firmware.

Its recommended not to flash custom Roms due to the lack of a recovery sbf to flash your phone back to stock in case anything goes wrong.

Visit the Droid2Global subforum for the info on that.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
so it's time for her to step up her game and shame all her coworker's pathetic iPhones.

Funny!

A buddy of mine at work has an iphone. He just had to get a smart phone after I bought my first Droid. We break each others stones all day long about who’s phone is better. The other day I sent him a txt after getting the D2G to tell him how cool and fast it is. I also told him my new D2G won’t even let me type “iPhone”, I have for Force it too….. he calls me geek and I call him follower…..:motdroidhoriz:

K20turbo

Reaction score
You can get a full days worth running stock battery and most features turned off or on low settings however things change when your on it 24/7

OP
fenriswolf039

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
Hey Twobuells... are you on BadWeB?

Update on my gf's D2G:

Battery life is just fine. Everything is lightning fast and it blows away my original Droid, but I am still happy enough with it.... although I am suffering from keyboard envy!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
You can get a full days worth running stock battery and most features turned off or on low settings however things change when your on it 24/7

korm2.png

That's 11 straight hours of MP3s, texting, email, web, and voice calls.

Edit: I just re-read that, and it sounds misleading. That's 11 straight hours of MP3s. And in addition to that, I did some texting, some voice calls, some email, and some web. It was not 11 hours straight of all of those activities. That would be impossible. That's what I get for posting late at night.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Hey Twobuells... are you on BadWeB?

Update on my gf's D2G:

Battery life is just fine. Everything is lightning fast and it blows away my original Droid, but I am still happy enough with it.... although I am suffering from keyboard envy!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ya thats me on BadWeb...Droids are like Buells but, not many people would get that....