D2g info

jchildress

Reaction score
I am looking for an android based phone for my girlfriend. I love my DX but she has a hard time with the virtual keyboard due to her long fingernails. So I looked at the d2g. My question is, how do you like yours? Any regrets?

Droid X, Liberty RoM 1.0

bgrade

Reaction score
I ABSOLUTELY love my D2G, the hardware keyboard took a little tiny bit of getting used to for me, as its my first phone with a full qwerty keyboard, i hear its better than the droid and droid 2 keyboard as the buttons are a bit more spaced and have a bump which makes it easier to press.

RVdroid

Reaction score
If the qwerty keyboard is really important for your girl, the d2g keyboard is nice. As far as just the phone I love mine, but I don't really delve into rooting etc. yet. So if you're looking for those options for her phone they are in the works and rooting is possible with the d2g but as far as I can tell there aren't alot of custom roms available yet.

Ske1283

Reaction score
I am looking for an android based phone for my girlfriend. I love my DX but she has a hard time with the virtual keyboard due to her long fingernails. So I looked at the d2g. My question is, how do you like yours? Any regrets?

Droid X, Liberty RoM 1.0
I've had my Droid2Global for a week and chose it b/c it has the physical keyboard. I have issues with virtual keyboards b/c of my nails. Works great! [I went to the local Verizon store that had working models of all the phones so I could try out the keyboard and verified it was a good option for me.]

dancedroidSharon

youngkyl50

Reaction score
I cannot use the virtual keyboards to save my life so the physical keyboard is great to have. Love my D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

tebower

Reaction score
Yes, wonderful phone. Sadly, not getting a lot of press these days, but it is one of the fastest and most feature-packed phones currently available.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I love my D2G, its awesome!!!
i love alot about it, the physical keyboard, great camera, it feels very well built, i really like the screen resolution, and the quality is pretty good.
One thing that bugs me is how i cant use a whole picture for my wallpaper(only a section of it).

Any regrets? Nope

But there is one thing that seems to bother alot of people about this phone: battery life.
Here's my easy fix, turn the screen brightness down, root the phone and get SetCpu and turned down the cpu from 1.2ghz to 1ghz. and create a profile that sets the cpu even lower when the screen turns off
Also turning off the 3g, wifi, gps and bluetooth when they are not being used should help out.

But i really love this phone

P.S: I hope i am not breaking any rules by saying this
Just to save a few bucks check amazon's wireless site, i was able to get my d2g for $40 :)