Droid 2 Global battery problems?

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Okay, I actually can't give too much information on this because it's actually a friend of mine who has the phone. She's been having problems with her battery recently, and yesterday her phone would not turn on at all, but when she plugged it into the AC charger the charging light came on (I miss that light.. OG Droid>Droid Bionic, no light). When I talked to her today she said she had to buy a new battery, but this is her second replacement battery and she bought the last one a month ago.

When I was messing around with it, I only had 10 minutes but I tried what I could remember from having an OG. I tried a battery pull for 5 minutes, I tried booting it into recovery, nothing would work. However, one thing I did notice was a simcard.. Do D2G's from Verizon use simcards? I remember seeing another post about someone having a phone that wouldn't turn on and they had switched the phone over to AT&T, and I know that they use simcards all the time unlike Verizon who does it only for 4G phones.

The only last thing I can tell you guys is that she's not an Android fanatic. She's not rooted, she doesn't modify her phone in any way, and when I asked if she knew what root was, she had never heard of it before.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Verizon 3G phones do not use a simcard, but the D2G was built for overseas travelling and the hardware does need a sim card to work at all.

As for the battery issue, its not the batteries. The phone could be the culprit (though I've never had a problem with the battery I've used for over 1 1/2 years now), or she could be using it from full charge to literally empty which causes the battery to go into "protected mode" which makes it not charge.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
That's another thing I forgot... She had what looked like an apple AC outlet, but I'm pretty sure the USB cord was stock because it was it still had those Verizon stickers hanging off of it. Not sure if that caused the problem though.