Just got my S3....need help/tips

birds24

Reaction score
Hello all,

First thing's first, I just got my GS3 and while I'm not new to Android, I can definitely say I've never taken full advantage of a smartphone. Always used as a phone and email device. That being said, I've heard that this is the best thing on the market. What are the coolest things about it that I need to take advantage of? Haven't tried the voice feature yet, but I've heard it's good. I'm looking for any and all pointers and tips.

Secondly, I have so far only taken a couple pictures and a video with it. I'm frustrated. I was told this had the best camera/camcorder of all phones out there. My pictures are mostly blur, with no zoom, and the video that I recorded appears to be constantly zooming in and out on it's own. Almost like it's trying to focus and refocus and then again and again, making the video nothing but 3 minutes of blur. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
There is a sticky with Tips and Tricks at the top of this forum. Has a lot of great information. In my opinion the voice stuff doesn't work well and it just a gimmic ala Siri. Haven't tried video so I can't comment on that.

Scott0719

Reaction score
The video in the sticky is especially helpful for learning all the different features for the phone.

mlewis76

Reaction score
birds24 said:
Hello all,

First thing's first, I just got my GS3 and while I'm not new to Android, I can definitely say I've never taken full advantage of a smartphone. Always used as a phone and email device. That being said, I've heard that this is the best thing on the market. What are the coolest things about it that I need to take advantage of? Haven't tried the voice feature yet, but I've heard it's good. I'm looking for any and all pointers and tips.

Secondly, I have so far only taken a couple pictures and a video with it. I'm frustrated. I was told this had the best camera/camcorder of all phones out there. My pictures are mostly blur, with no zoom, and the video that I recorded appears to be constantly zooming in and out on it's own. Almost like it's trying to focus and refocus and then again and again, making the video nothing but 3 minutes of blur. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

Just play with it and figure it out......don't root it tho.

mlewis76

Reaction score
mlewis76 said:
Just play with it and figure it out......don't root it tho.

I can tell u that u may need to clean the lens. The reason the camera is the best is because of all the functions. Like the burst shot, if u hold the button in that mode it takes 20 pics, if u tap the best shot button n burst mode, it takes 8 pics n picks the best one for u. This mode is good for action shots. i didnt know how to do stuff but i just played with the phone n figured it out n a couple days. Theres still things i find even after 2 months. Tap every button so u can see what it does. I had been reading on this phone for 3 months before it came out. U can also download the galaxy s3 helper, or one of many others to help show u what all the phone does. Good luck n have fun.

♕♥♔QUEE₦ BEE ♔♥♕