Just got Droid X todsy and already having big problems!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got it! Thanks! Uninstalling it now!

Yep, it sort of counter intuitive for most folks, especially if you are coming from a winmo phone or blackberry, that those apps aren't actually "running". They are loaded in rom, but are dormant until you call on them. I took the leap of faith and uninstalled the task killer that the verizon rep install back in late November. I sure wasn't sure about it at the time, but it worked out fine.

Hope things work out for you and your phone. Keep us posted.

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, including BayouFlyFisher - thanks for the info on task killers. I uninstalled mine.

Some if the kinks seems to have worked themselves out. My home button lights are working now. I hit the button on top of the phone and it turned the lights back on.

I just noticed today that a new problem is during a call my screen will turn back on and I start hitting random buttons with my face lol. I don't have a case on, and the screen protector does not go above the Motorola logo so it should not affect the sensor. Anyone else having sensor issues?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, including BayouFlyFisher - thanks for the info on task killers. I uninstalled mine.

Some if the kinks seems to have worked themselves out. My home button lights are working now. I hit the button on top of the phone and it turned the lights back on.

I just noticed today that a new problem is during a call my screen will turn back on and I start hitting random buttons with my face lol. I don't have a case on, and the screen protector does not go above the Motorola logo so it should not affect the sensor. Anyone else having sensor issues?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
No sensor issues here. Another thing to speed up your phone is to go to the display settings and turn all animations off. It makes it not lag.

Plus, I think that the OTA Froyo update is a cause of a lot of problems. My old one had it, and my new one came preloaded with 2.2 and is pretty smooth.