Droid X restarting itself when I connect to computer?

Olivia

Reaction score
I have updated my Droid X to the latest software, and I have z4root installed. The only issue I am seeing so far is that when I connect my Droid X to my computer, it restarts itself. That is it only restarts itself when I change it from charging only to usb mass storage. It never did this before until I updated.

Anyone else having this problem?

epiphone74

Reaction score
Happened to me today. Intetesting.. What os on the pc yall are using?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dylatron2000

Reaction score
Yeah it does the same for me, it only started once I updated to 2.2.1, so that is my best guess. and its only when i have it set to usb mass storage, and I'm using a mac

IntuitreZults

Reaction score
I don't experience the exact same issue, however from time to time my Droid X does reboot on it's own. I notice this happens more so when the phone is sitting for a period of time like an hour or so. When I bring it out of it's sleep/stand by state and launch an app it freezes, then shortly thereafter it reboots. I have an unrooted 2.2.1 Droid X and I don't run any widgets (only the stock weather widget from time to time)

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Ok I have a friends Droid X here at work. He wanted to use my cord to charge his phone. I plug it into computer and every so often it restarts for no apparent reason. His is a new Droid X with the update already installed so it could be a bug.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Mine did this last night when I plugged in to my TV (to charge, but it still reads the SD card) and today at work. Strange. Anyone else O/C at all? Mine was at 1.2Ghz and I went back to stock to see if it makes a difference. It doesnt do it everytime I plug in with Mass Storage selected though, as I tried it about 10 more times with other computers today and it didnt do it again.

Win 7, 2.3.340

BigEd

Reaction score
I have noticed that if I connect in "Charge Only" mode there is no reboot. If I select "USB Mass Storage" it will reboot.

This is using XP (3 different machines)

staticx

Reaction score
We should report this bug to Motorola techs. It happens to me once a while. Like today when I was using google earth. I think this is the new update bug cuz never happened before. I have a stock x btw.

Sent from my DROIDX

cubsfan187

Reaction score
We should report this bug to Motorola techs. It happens to me once a while. Like today when I was using google earth. I think this is the new update bug cuz never happened before. I have a stock x btw.

Sent from my DROIDX

Welcome to droid Static! I used to talk to you in the crackberry forums. I had that happen once or twice right after the update but it has since stopped. I am also running a custom rom now though.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
So is this issue just a PITA, or are there things being corrupted in the software from the phone rebooting?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here all. Thought it was the Darkslide ROM I'm running, but I guess not.

You are not alone. When I got a chance I set it to USB Mass Storage and left it.

Now when I plug it in, it restarts once, then opens my folder so I can move files.

Not too big of an issue for me.