No "mount" option when USB connected

loknload

Reaction score
OK...I have had my Droid X since yesterday and I decided to hook it up to the computer to put some music on it. I get the USB connection banner across the top and when I drag it down, I see "USB Connection". When I open that, I see four options: PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB Mass Storage, and Charge only. USB Mass Storage is selected and, when I plug the phone into the computer, the PC is recognizing it as an external drive. The problem is that I don't see a "mount" option anywhere and everything I read about plugging the phone into the computer says I need to "mount" it. I also downloaded Doubletwist and the Droid X shows up under devices but there is no "eject" button next to it and all of my sync options are greyed out. Can somebody help me out preferably before I get so frustrated I just go back to a flip phone. I feel like I need a Phd to run this thing. Thanks.

OP
loknload

loknload

Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently when I choose USB mass storage the phone automatically mounts the memory card. I hope I can learn half of what this phone will do.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I would shoot for 2/3 :)

J/k. Its usually something simple that you're overlooking. Sometimes figuring things out you learn a lot more than you think.

Sent from somewhere...