DroidX Wil not "Mount" to Computer

willie2272

Reaction score
When connecting to my computer I do not get the "Mount" Option. I get the Media share option, but I follow that and it will not connect. If I go to the usb connection tab I do not get the Mount option like all the tutororials say.

:byeBB:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When connecting to my computer I do not get the "Mount" Option. I get the Media share option, but I follow that and it will not connect. If I go to the usb connection tab I do not get the Mount option like all the tutororials say.

:byeBB:

What operating system do you have?
Have you installed the motorola drivers?
Are you running a custom rom or stock?

OP
W

willie2272

Reaction score
What operating system do you have? 2.1 or 2.2
Have you installed the motorola drivers? Think so, these are the drivers that I was promted to install the first time I plug it in?
Are you running a custom rom or stock? Stock

I have the phone about a month and I am finally getting comfortable with it.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What operating system do you have? 2.1 or 2.2
Have you installed the motorola drivers? Think so, these are the drivers that I was promted to install the first time I plug it in?
Are you running a custom rom or stock? Stock

I have the phone about a month and I am finally getting comfortable with it.

Hmm, so far I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. What os are you running on the computer you are plugging into?

Stupid question: Your phone does recognize the sdcard right?

Just to better clarify my understanding, you connect to your computer, and when you go to select what type of usb connection you want "PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB Mass Storage, or Charge Only" from the phone, you cannot do Mass storage or Media sync?