Droid X Market App Problem

socalijennie

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and updated it yesterday to 2.2. Now my Market App looks different (its now blue with the settings icon overlaying the bottom right corner). When I click on on it, it states "Application is not downloaded on your phone." I turned the phone off and restarted it and tried pulling the battery. Waited a day and tried it again with the same results. Verizon wants me to do a hard reset (their answer for everything), but I'd really like to avoid that. I can't get on the market at all and the market app is missing from my apps page. How do I fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Droid X and updated it yesterday to 2.2. Now my Market App looks different (its now blue with the settings icon overlaying the bottom right corner). When I click on on it, it states "Application is not downloaded on your phone." I turned the phone off and restarted it and tried pulling the battery. Waited a day and tried it again with the same results. Verizon wants me to do a hard reset (their answer for everything), but I'd really like to avoid that. I can't get on the market at all and the market app is missing from my apps page. How do I fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

If you missing an app you may have to do a factory reset since u not rooted. Also the market sometimes lock up while installing. I click the app and say cancel then restart doenwload and it works fine. If u still have market issues go in to settings, app
, click on manage apps,
then click running apps
find the market
click on market and click force stop, and wipe data (click yes for the little warning box).