Droid x App to SD Problem

mdajr

Reaction score
Hi,

To start off, I would like to say that I am brand new to these forums, so please bear with me as I get accustomed to it.

Anyways, over the past few days, my droid x has been acting progressively stranger every day. Starting a few days ago, it would randomly reboot. I would go to use the phone and find it was at the boot screen starting up. The phone would then proceed as normal to the home screen. I figured the problem was with the overclock I have. I was using DX/D2 Overclocker to overclock it to 1.3ghz. I reset the processor settings back to stock and that seemed to fix the problem, Until today.

When I picked up the phone today, I realized that many of my apps (the ones on the SD card) were not accessible. They appeared on the home screen with that blue logo that appears when they are still loading from the SD card. If I go into the market, the apps show up as purchased but not installed. I went into settings/applications/manage applications/On SD card. While the apps should show up with their name and logo, these apps only show as their code names (ex/ com.dropbox.android). If I click on one of these apps, I am presented with all of the ordinary options such as uninstall, etc. In other words, the phone sees the apps, but does not load them.

I then began to reboot the phone countless times. I pulled out the battery and the SD card. I would reboot the phone with the SD removed, shut down and then put it back in. Nothing works.

As of now, no apps will install from the market. They download but do not install. No apps will uninstall either. I have tried to uninstall them using both the market and ASTRO.

I think my only solution is to do a reset, but I want to know what you guys think about it. This is not a problem with my SD card as I can access my music. It seems only be a problem loading the apps.

General info,
Droid X
Froyo 2.2
Rooted
No overclock (as of now)

Thanks

cpjr

Reaction score
It could still be an issue with the SD Card, you could try backing everything on the card up, formatting it, and replacing the stuff.

Then you could go into recovery and format all cache.

Lastly, you may want to format everything and start fresh.

OP
M

mdajr

Reaction score
I wiped the cache and it seems to be working fine. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thanks for your quick response.